The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CUSCO strut bars, still available?

Does anyone know if the VR-4 specific strut bars from CUSCO still are available?

evo8ya

Pretty sure they're discontinued along with the Whitelines. Strut bars from a 1G fit just fine though.

Ralli380Gvr4

Got to love Ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

click

I think there are a couple vendors still selling NOS.

yeah, they have been discontinued for awhile now. Like evo8ya mentioned, the 1g strut bars fit just fine and maybe even cheaper on ebay then the cusco one. I've read in a couple of threads and also in my own experience, you don't feel much of a difference with it on so that $310 can be put to better use elsewhere. Although I only have the front and not the back.

RedTwo

They're still listed on the Cusco website (in japanese however)

I don't have the front part numbers in front of me, but the two different rear ones (type OA? and something else) are:
517 541A
517 511A

bazeng

Ultraracing make these also

I have a pair that I am not using

Have whiteline discountinued? That sux.
I have a set of these and they are quite nice.

I have them. They look cool but big sway bars make the difference not strut tower braces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Already got the whiteline (22/26mm) swaybars combo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are the Ultraracing bars a perfect fit? They also make the fender braces, someone uses them?

RedTwo

Quoting bazeng:

Have whiteline discountinued? That sux.
I have a set of these and they are quite nice.

Yeah, I ordered the last Whiteline E39A bar ever made (or on the shelves at the Whiteline warehouse) on Wed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SmoothCustomer

Oh? I got the last of every single e39a part in every single dealership in the US, Europe and Japan. Sup now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

evo8ya

Quoting Hikikomori:
I've read in a couple of threads and also in my own experience, you don't feel much of a difference. Although I only have the front and not the back.

The rear makes a good difference.

IMHO the front strut bar makes a bigger difference than the rear bar. The rear of the car is fairly stiff compared to the front, so less support is needed, not to mention the rear suspension puts different and often smaller loads on the strut towers compared to the McPherson front. If you have upgraded front springs and a front swaybar, the strut tower will make a noticeable difference. On my car the turn-in became much sharper, as opposed to the chassis having to take a "set" before tracking through the corner. Of course, the mileage and condition of the chassis will dictate how much flex there is and therefore how much effect the bar will have. Sunroof cars have slightly less rigidity (probably inconsequential, but for the sake of argument...) and also have a higher center of gravity pushing them further over in the corners (again...) and so possibly benefit more.

G

Staff member
Quoting Mr_Wolfy:
Does anyone know if the VR-4 specific strut bars from CUSCO still are available?

Yeah they are still available, lmk if you would like me to get you some.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned