The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coolant level sensor kit?

brisvr4

Hey guys,
After my radiator cap blew off yesterday* I realized that if there is a sudden loss of coolant the temperature gauge will not rise as it is no longer immersed in coolant. In fact it could drop and the first we would know of a lost engine is when it stops!

I was lucky, when it popped off there was a heap of steam released through my RS vents from the coolant hitting the exhaust manifold.
Does anyone know of a decent priced coolant level sensor that can be fitted into either the radiator or the thermostat housing to detect when there is a loss of coolant?
I found this kit but am not 100% certain that it is what I'm looking for.
Coolant level kit

* I may or may not have been the idiot that probably didn't put the cap on properly after the car sat for 2 months due to a busted gearbox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned