The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coil over plug is done with pictures

turboflanagan

It sounds like the ones you got were off of an Intrepid with a 3.5L. I think the 2.7L has coils that look like what you say Buschur's look like.

In my 7+ years in a Chrysler brand dealer I think I have replaced Maybe 4 of the COP coils. They just don't go bad.

I might have to paint some blue and try them out. I have some off of a Hemi engine that I was thinking about using for this very purpose. And the Hemi's do use waste spark, but they will still fire half as often as mine at the same rpm.

Thanks to all those who added valuable info to this post. I was able to build a COP system and it works AWSOME, the car idles a lot better with the 880cc injectors and the over all power band is much much smoother. Great job Curtis and all the others who added to this post.

i just bought the kit from dejon tool... rev is way way better especially in higher rpms and im running iridiums with it.

I just installed my home-made kit today (GSXR coils) and it seems to be working fine. I can't say for sure if it's idling better or "rev's easier" than before, but I gave 'em hell today and the held up to everything I threw at them. I've got a lot of pictures if anybody wants some email me at [email protected] or [email protected]. I'll try to post up again in a couple months and let you know how they're holding up, or if/when I have any problems.

Cory

boostedinaz

I wanted to add to this for some that might come down the road a bit later as well as ask a question.

Curtis,

I see that in your drawing it shows the wire colors of white and green. My problem if that I didn't get the connectors with wires when I got my coils, so is the green wire the wire on top or on the bottom of the coil harness? I looked at your pictures and it appears that the green wire goes on top and the white goes on bottom.

If that is correct what effects would having the wires opposite of that have on the car?

Also you said to wire in the "little black box" into the junction of the black wire and the 1 & 3 coil. Is this the box you are talking about?

I am having some misfire issues and I am assuming it is becaue I forgot to wire in the black box, however it appears I swapped the wires on my coils as well. Hopefully the answer here will clear up any confusion thatmay arise for others.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned