The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Code 23 (CAS), low idle. help?

Barnes

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Whoodoo

Well, the code is anyways. I was messing with the BISS today and I would set the base idle at 750, but when I ungrounded the two leads, idle was pretty high at about 1200. I checked timing and it was sitting around 15 at idle. I stopped messing with it after setting the base timing at just over 500 so with the leads ungrounded it sat at about 1000. I'm not completely happy with it, but I don't have a logger to check what the ISC is doing so it will do for now.

I haven't boost leak tested it yet so that may yield some results.

cheekychimp

Incidentally how do you check codes using a multimeter? Do the same limitations apply of only being able to log single board EPROM ECUs?

Whoodoo

well, apparently I couldn't read them very well because I thought I had a CAS code, but it was a knock sensor code. From what I understand, the ECU sends blink codes as a series of stepped voltages in short and long lengths. I don't think my multimeter had enough resolution to pick up the voltage changes quick enough. Ideally I should have wired up an LED with a resistor so it would blink on and off in a series of short and long pulses.

Last edited:

ktmrider

^^ MM HAS to be analog, digital ones output RMS value. LED's work very well.

CC there is a great writeup in the VFAQ on using this method vs a logger.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned