The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cluster illumination lights do not work. HVAC lights do.

yubh8tn

Hello. I'm confused about this and looking for answers. ALL lights work except for the switchable green and orange lights. I swapped in two other clusters, same problem. Gotta be car side. I studied the wiring diagrams, but they're a bit hard to read. It appears that the boost "gauge" lights are powered by the same pin (pin 11 and 10) as the G/O lights, but the boost gauge lights work whilst the G/O lights do not. Can anyone provide any insight or guidance?
Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_1.png

gvr4ever

Do the tail lights work? 15ish years ago I picked a bad ground for my stereo and blew fuses for the dash and tail lights.

yubh8tn

Do the tail lights work? 15ish years ago I picked a bad ground for my stereo and blew fuses for the dash and tail lights.
Yes they do. I was actually wrong, not ALL lights work except for the G/O's. The left and right HVAC dial backlights don't work, but the center does. I can test power to pin 11 soon.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'm not sure how that boost light works, but it appears it has power supplied from two sources, pin 11 (fuse 2) and pin 8 (fuse 9?). So I think you need to be checking the voltage at the fuse, past the junction block and then at pin 11. Also verify the ground through the rheostat is good.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned