The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

closed throttle switch

dmj

I rebuilt my throttle body this weekend due to a boost leak now my idle goes up and down by about 2 to 300 rpms.I did remove the throttle switch and i believe this is my problem since this is the only part I did not mark so I could put it back in the original position.Anyone with directions to setup or adjust this switch? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dexter

Muskrat

Tighten until it just touches the throttle lever. From that point turn 1 1/4 turns and lock in position.

Get the manual cd. You can find how to do every type of adjustment in the factory service manual.

Last edited:

You want to make sure the terminal on the switch is shorted to ground when your foot is off the gas completely. It sounds like the way you have it adjusted now it is never getting shorted to ground.

dmj

The switch was not grounded .I checked with my multimeter it was open so I adjusted it till I got resistance 1.9 ohms to be exact . the idle is now steady with the ac off , with the ac on it cycles up and down by 100 to 200rpms .I will try another 1/2 turn and see if that helps.Thanks for all the help.

Muskrat

Quoting stevep:
My FSM says 15/16 of a turn not 1 and 1/4.

You know, that sounds right, remembering back when I did it. I checked the FSM and swore it said 1 1/4. I'll recheck when I get home.

galant344

any one have a manual cd that they are willing to sell or give a copy away? I have to adjust this switch on my car too!

stevep

Quoting galant344:
any one have a manual cd that they are willing to sell or give a copy away? I have to adjust this switch on my car too!

You would think after a year of it being stickied on the local board you would have downloaded the files. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

galant344

^ you would think.. problem is i haven't really been on this site in quite a while. Had a lot of things going on galant has been sitting on the back burner for over a year, but now running again. Sorry I'm not on top of my galantvr-4.org game sir. I will try to do better, just for you, in the future.

galant344

OH... by the way Mr steve that run down red talon you seen me in last year in the city now powers the galant. talon went to the junk yard. What happened to Chitowndsm?

stevep

Some sort of forum virus took ChitownDSM down last week, it may be back by the weekend.
The sticky I was referring to was there, I don't think I posted the links to the PDFs on scribe here. They are in the Tech Archive/DSM FAQ on Tuners. Kenny posted a link above.

How can you work on these cars without the FSM?

Last edited:

IMO, every GVR-4 or DSM owner should have the CD Manual and a logger. Both are invaluable.

galant344

How can you work on these cars without the FSM?

I already know most of the info i need as far as torque specs and all that jazz goes. Just put my IAC motor back on and have to re adjust the switch. car runs fine w/ it being miss adjusted but figured i should do it right.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned