The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

chris (Smithfield, Rhode Island)

NateCrisman

Buyers Beware!

username is chris
7 Blue Feather Trail, Smithfield, R
1-(401)-651-0057 Cell
[email protected] is his email, the one I sent paypal to.

He me a complete JDM longblock, which I drove 500miles to pick up intending to get my car running this week. The engine was listed as "ready to go, runs excellent". Paid him $200 via paypal deposit, and $800 cash after loading up. Actually I paid him $20 extra as a paypal GIFT after he complained about paypal fees on the $200 deposit.

I drove 250miles each way (8 hours total) to pick the engine up on monday 1/18 and arrive about 4:30pm. I get it home after dark at 10pm and this morning while unloading find the rear trans mount is cracked off the engine block. The trans dowel pin is still in the ear and the starter plate is still on. My guess is the chunk was held on via the dowel/starter plate. I can't accuse him of knowingly selling it like this, but the cracked off edges all have rust, so it has been like this for some time. Anyone with a brain can tell a cast iron engine block doesn't break from sitting on a rubber bedmat in a truck strapped against rubber tires. This was broken for a while, likely when the GVR4 this engine was in was crashed. I seriously doubt you could unbolt the transmission from the block and not notice that either the rear bolt is loose, missing, or the threaded hole it's in moves around.

I asked him for a partial refund via cell phone text message after explaining the situation. He immediatly starts trying to play it off as "i didn't know, so it doesn't matter", making excuses, blaming me for the damage.

Her is offering nothing in compensation other than (I quote from his TXT message reply):

Quote:

I will give u the spare block or u can bring it back and i will give you a partial refund. I put to much money into that engine to get screwed srry

Then his complaint about my reply to his other for sale threads on this board warning others:

Quote:

I offered u a spare block even thou i know i didn't crack it. But u went to start this bullshit bring the fcken thing back and I give you a refund

Yeah, that's fair! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif I should drive 500 miles to pick up a bare block then rebuild the engine myself and buy all the gaskets.

He is basically telling me to pound salt and is trying to argue with me that somehow I broke the block, that he didn't know about the broken off chunk, and then that it doesn't matter if it's broken or not because I should have been able to tell while we were loading it up at dusk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Do not send this sell any paypal money as GIFT otherwise you can't start a dispute! He originally asked for the deposit as a GIFT, and Im glad I mistakenly sent it via normal paypal as you cannot open a dispute on a paypal GIFT payment. At least I can dispute the $200 deposit and hopefully receive a refund.

More pics to come after I unload this from the truck tomorrow:
768495191_PXjMF-XL.jpg

768495370_JmUCj-XL.jpg

768550266_dkzEC-XL.jpg

768550391_NdTXk-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned