The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CFT VR4 new project --VIDEO--MORE PICS-- UPDATE

bazeng

Is the rear axel a 3bolt or 4bolt?

It is really good to see a VR4 racing.
I'll be happy to achieve what you are getting hence all the questions!!

rlturbo35

4 bolt axles!!! i,m planning on call tomorrow the driveshaft shop , plus i think the car is too heavy(2960 pounds/ w/driver) need to drop some weight urgent before we start breaking more parts, any recomendations in racing axles??? need to know if anyone do any lightweight brakes , and any lighter front crossmember , Thanks Rolo Lopez ....

Gordian79

Sweet car.I like the fact that its stock looking.has most of the interior in it and stock rims.i think you can get wilwood brake kit for it.

curtis

PM sent about brakes I have a set.

rlturbo35

Thanks a lot Curtis , so helpful your info , i,m desperate to get the money for the brakes !!!!!!

mrnvit

damn thats alot of power on the stock box, i would have thought 4th would have stripped by now but i guess not.
least i know i can still run my stock box for a while longer in the lancer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rlturbo35

Found the problem!!!! it wasn't that the axle broke , the rear diff of my car is from an evo 3 , the hub axles were from a regular dsm 4 bolt axles , so they dont go in all the way in and the splines barely was used of the hub , i get 2 evo 3 hubs from a friend of mine from bahamas , and problem solved now goes all the way in...
Bad news it rains in orlando , so we will not be able to test tonight but probably sunday we rent the track in private session , to see how far can we go with the new changes in this project!!!! Thanks for your support!!!

Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com

Awesome setup and nice runs. Still laughing here a little at the results of that T88. Holy lag.

EMX5636

I saw this car at TurboTrix on the dyno. Could definitely tell it was making some serious power. I think they were having problems with the CAS plus coming off before redline or something. Top half track at Englishtown was pretty sick. Great job guys!

Justin

rlturbo35

Update !!!!! we went 10.60 at 133mph 6.8 at 107 miles at the 1/8 with 1.51 0-60 feet, only problem we found was the anti-lag , is in the clutch pedal so everytime we shift it bogs a lot cause of that, we already fix it but it rains, next wednesday we go again looking for the low 10s ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Thanks a lot Rolo Lopez www.tunedbycft.com

p.s. video coming soon!!!!

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Awesome! Can't wait to hear this car is all sorted out and running up to potential.

Thanks again for lending me the o2 sensor socket at Etown, NJ. That came in super handy, you guys all seem to be super friendly and easy going guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Rolo there's an event coming up in October @ Palm Beach Int'l. I know you guys are there for NSCRA events so I'm looking for to seeing the car & meeting you.

brisvr4

^^ Dude, ever noticed how no one else on here has a picture in their sig?

Nice times too CFT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

464/2K

Haha damn rookie.^^

Anymore updates??

1badgvr4

Quoting brisvr4:
^^ Dude, ever noticed how no one else on here has a picture in their sig?

Nice times too CFT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why jump down his throat about having a pic. The car looks good so whats the problem.

brisvr4

If you think that was jumping down his throat you are a much more placid person than I am. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

1badgvr4

I can really tell a persons tone by what they type /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

rlturbo35

We try again to go orlando speedworld but it rain, we decided to go to the other track in orlando call central florida road course , the only thing is that is an 1/8 mile , but since we redyno and retune some stuff all we really need to do is test, launch and run anything in the 1/8 will gave us some important info .

When we try last time it went 10.60 with 6.84 at the 1/8 mile with 105 miles per hour , first pass in the 1/8 mile tonight was 6.47 at 112 mph!!!!!! nice !!!! 1.51 sixty foot!!! that guaranted a 9 second pass!!!! only thing we need is a dry quarter mile for next week!!!! i keep my updates , later guys Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com

Polish

Awesome work, 112mph in the eighth is moving out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned