The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CF Hoods n' such

Quote:
I want to see someone with the oem cf hood from raceon. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig.

Sorry, I beat you to it.

My car is being painted as I type this.
Should have pictures by Thursday or so.

I actually drove to Raceonusa to get my hood.
They have some pretty nice stuff there. (big building)

the quality is 1000% better than my old CF hood.

the Galant hood is not readily stocked by them, so you might have to wait for them to make it.

Quote:
but putting a c/f hood on a 2004 acura is being a ricer... your hood is fine.. leave it alone... if i didnt have terrible chips in mine after my new paint job i woulda kept stock

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Quote:
Sometimes they're for "OMFG the hood has rot holes in it and pieces are falling off the front lip when I close it and I don't want to paint another to match".

John

RIGHT ON, they're also for "i left my hood unlatched and then cranked down the street when the hood came up then folded itself around my windshield."

Quote:
Quote:
I want to see someone with the oem cf hood from raceon. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig.

Sorry, I beat you to it.

My car is being painted as I type this.

I actually drove to Raceonusa to get my hood.
They have some pretty nice stuff there. (big building)

the quality is 1000% better than my old CF hood.

the Galant hood is not readily stocked by them, so you might have to wait for them to make it.

Sweet, can't wait to see how it looks painted.

I'm def going with hood pins though. Doesn't matter what it looks like, they're functional. Had 2 friends one with a svt and one with a mkIV supra have them fly off.

if i can ever fix my camera i'll post some pics of the hood when it gets here, should be here in 3-4 weeks they tell me, thanks for the input

Quote:
What about the "CF Celebrity"(Fazzt73)? Still makeing CF Hoods n'...such pun intended

Tee

Im also short on it guys.. i recommed to get the one sarget dave is suggesting.
Paulo.

Quote:

okay... the shop is telling me 2 more days (they are super busy with F'ing show cars)

Well after bitching about the warpiness of my CarbonEFX hood, I have to say that it is now not so bad. I tried to reduce the warp in place by setting two oak timbers and a couple of old rear brake rotors for weight along the worst fitting edge for two full weeks and that reduced the huge gap in the relaxed condition by a little bit. But what makes a real difference is tying it down with hood pins. While not as good a fit as a stock hood, it is an acceptable fit up when latched. So if you get one of these, the fix is hood pins which you will want to install anyway even if it fit well to start with.
Mike R.

Brianawd

does any one know where I get get a oem style C/f Hood.

eviLntt

I actually got a vented hood from percisionimports.com for a decent price, but I also encountered the short carbon fiber supply (apparently china and the military really likes the stuff) and had to wait a few extra days to get my hood. I haven't put it on yet so I am unsure of the fit, but it looks great just sitting in my living room /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I am pretty sure they offer OEM style, and I was entertaining doing a RS vented hood in carbon fiber but is was a bit out of my price range.

Turborich1946

Quote:
Quote:
Sometimes they're for "OMFG the hood has rot holes in it and pieces are falling off the front lip when I close it and I don't want to paint another to match".

John

RIGHT ON, they're also for "i left my hood unlatched and then cranked down the street when the hood came up then folded itself around my windshield."

Guys I really got mine just to impress hot chicks and make my car look fast... god....

atc250r

Staff member
WTF? Hot CHICKS? What the hell happened to you Rich?

John

eviLntt

I just finished putting on the carbon fiber hood I have had sitting in my living room for the last month or so and, surprise surprise, it is a bit bowed. I haven't put the hood pins on yet , but I moved the hood hinges back as for as they would go while the hood was latched and that helped a little. I then pulled the latch off and slotted the mounting holes so it would sit a little higher, and that helped a little more. I think I will slot the latch a little more when I have some more time. I was hoping to get the hood as fit as I can before the hood pins. Has anyone had any problems with using the hood pins as the sole remedy for the bowed hood? I don't want to put too much stress on the hood and crack it.

Quote:
Ok so I guess they have moved to a new web site, it is deftracing.com Sorry if this confused anyone.

I was just looking at the prices on this site & wondering if it's one of those too good to be true things.

Who has one & what do you think of it, Fit & finish. I'm looking for f/g myself, will be painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned