The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cause for celebration...

deluded

the raver/cochran racing galant vr4 made a return pass at the bonneville salt flats today to set a new production supercharged G (2-3 liter displacement) record today at 223.xx mph! car is esentially the same as posted on here last year with the exception of a cnc ported head, bigger camshafts, the racing magnus intake mani, and .040" over pistons on aluminum rods. i believe the car is now up against an aerodynamic wall unfortunately. this record may be short lived considering some of the formidable competition out there, but we achieved the goal i set for speed week this year.

a big bonus: my wife drove the car over 200mph on a license run on the same afternoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

edit: oops, i mean 224.xx mph!

Last edited:

turbowop

I can't believe that one of these things is capable of such speeds considering the brick-like design of the body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

CONGRATS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Terry Posten

Very nice.

Terry Posten

BTW - We need a hi-res pic of the car at 224mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4Grim

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif...hook a flux capacitor and time travel is a breeze /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

deluded

just realized that we had the wrong 5th gear in the car... given our power curve there is yet more potential for the world finals in two months. 230 mph has been an end game goal that once reached would justify retiring the car so maybe we'll continue to pursue it.

CarRacer

Congratulations on such an awesome accomplishment.

I hope you achieve 230 and push the envelope of what this chassis can do.

DR1665

Next step?

image001631.jpg

According to the owner, because this thing has two engines, it's technically a hybrid and he can drive solo in the carpool lanes in California. Seems to me that this is the sort of thing what should be inspiring our California brothers to add a second, more powerful engine to their cars to get special, hybrid, privileges!

Kudos for coming so far and being confident you can go farther!

Hertz

Staff member
What are the limits of your allowed modifications? You can take the side mirrors off, so why not the rear spoiler? That's gotta be ridiculous drag.

deluded

the only aerodynamic mods that are allowed in our class are removal of the rearview mirrors and windshield wipers as well as lowering the car.

Rausch

^Good question! Skid plate/tray could be quite beneficial (especially is a Rear diffuser just happens to be part of it too.)

Congrats to the team /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. This is truly something this car was never meant for so it is indeed quite an accomplishment. Vernon, what kind of heart medication is Ron taking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif? Fastest 4g63 powered car is a GVR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. What happened with the 5th gear deal?

deluded

ya, the driver is in his seventies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif nicest guy you'll ever meet, too.

fifth gear was an oversight/misunderstanding. our flawless transmission is a product of TRE. when we had John tune it up for us last winter we discussed using the evo fifth this year, but considered keeping the galant fifth for el mirage (1.3mile track). i never gave him the go ahead on the evo gear unfortunately.

belly pans are a big no-no in our class /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned