The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

car will start when cold not hot

hey guys i got my motor together the other day the the idle was way high found a leak at my throttle body fixed that and deleted the fiav and now its alittle better but my timing is completly retarded and my biss screw is al the way in. i can get the idle down to about 1200-1300 but after i wack the throttle a couple of times it wants to die. when it does die it sounds like the injectors are clicking. to get it to restart i must play with the throttle any ideas. im at witts end with this thing also ive tried 3 different throttle bodys and all do the exact same thing so i dont know what to do. also i used a temp gun on my thermostat housing and its showing 210 and the fan is still not one and its leaking antifreeze past the radiator cap let me know if anyone can help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

belize1334

Did you block the ISC along w/ the FIAV? I know from experience that w/ the ISC installed but not operating (pinned in it's mid-range) you can't get the idle below about 1200 even w/ the BISS all the way in. Make sure that the ISC is plugged in if you have one. If it is plugged in pull the ecu and make sure that the ISC-drivers aren't fried ( click .

ok i beleive i only blocked of the faiv that is the one on the right side used bye the coolant correct im going to pull the ECm tomarro and put one in from a 2wd that has keydiver on it really fed up with this car becoming a money pit thanks alot

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting vr411:
my timing is completly retarded.......................its leaking antifreeze past the radiator cap

I would start by setting the timing and replacing the radiator cap. IIRC the fans don't come on until it gets a little hotter than that but its also possibly that the wires at the resistor on the fan are not making a good connection. There is something in the how to section on that problem.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned