The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car importing questions

MitsuDriver274

For anyone who has been following my build, unfortunately it came to an end due to financial problems. Good news is the car is being sold to Shamus Burke (the name may ring a bell if you follow the rally circuit).

Here's a thread of the car build: click

I've been entertaining the thought of bringing in an Evolution 3. Whats the reality on the matter? How hard is it to get em street legal? And how much more money on top of getting the car here will I have to spend?

Last edited:

Brunoboy

import it through canada, bring it here, buy a mirage shell, cut the vin off the firewall, cut your firewall, weld it in, have it look legit, get your vin on the dash replaced. call it a conversion and call it a day lol.
-Shane

yeah canada has all your JDM needs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Don't you just love to be Canadian right about now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

DR1665

Quoting MitsuDriver274:
the car is being sold to Shamus Burke (the name may ring a bell if you follow the rally circuit).

So your old/new Evo will soon be sporting a giant clover? Maybe I'll see it if he comes back west this year.

Forget the Evo III. Scoop up a DELICA. 2.5L turbodiesel, 4WD, RHD van. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3run.gif

LEGALLY getting a car over here is a long and difficult process. You have to do your own research and figure out what needs to be done and when, both on a federal and state level. Welcome to the wide world of Customs, EPA regs., crash testing/safety standards, etc...

That being said, gewgle is your friend, and there is a Fed. posted list of cars that share enough with domestic models to circumnavigate the crash test/safety issue. The Mirage isn't on that list IIRC...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts