The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

car idles but wont rev

pmp285

engine is a 2g with evo3 intake, ecu and turbo... evo8 pistons, 750cc injectors, ecm and sd... it just suddenly happened after fixing the starter... car starts but when you press the gas pedal, it just chokes and dies... check the ecm, it says tps... traced everything and everything checks out fine... has continuity and all... but during log tps stays 0% and maxed out at 33 resitance... any thoughts? and i used the car the day before

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I believe you should be able to watch the TPS range on your logger. If it never moves, the engine has no idea on throttle opening.

James

Yes my TPS is from 10% to 99.6%

I had a bad connection on my TPS and had similar problems

pmp285

Found out its not the tps. I made a straight line to the socket to the ecu and the omni 4bar map. When i connect the map to the 5v source it only registers 1.3v but disconnected, with only water temp and tps connected it reads 5v... Tried a different ecu with my ecm still doesnt work. My ecu with a differnt ecm still didnt work. Swapped out a new map sensor, still the same. Dont know what else to do. My harness is now a mess... And thinking of just getting new harness

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned