The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car Audio buffs

THEKID

If you have an iPhone then no need for cd's so I would recomend alpine idx-407 unit gas it all and the price Is good

THEKID

And FYI drive soft has cornered the market asfar as in car pc units they are used all over the world by many high end shops.

alansupra94

Quoting THEKID:
And FYI drive soft has cornered the market asfar as in car pc units they are used all over the world by many high end shops.

Don't even make me laugh.

There are so many thread regarding using this shitty software. So you saw it on pimp my ride. Real nice reference.

Cornered the market? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif For people that don't know how to use a computer, this is the premade package you buy.

click

All this system is an ITX case and motherboard setup. THAT IS IT.

click

Do you realize how limited this system is? You have 0 expandability regarding running PCI or PCI express cards. Everything they list can be easily done using a simple computer and ALL of those VGA splitters, 12V USB hubs, Audio Outputs for Amps, etc. have been around long before the concept of the carputer as been around. If you want to control any system with a PC, all you need is the right driver for a USB communication port and some very basic C++ coding. Thats it. Its the very similar to how Ostrich 2.0 does real time tuning for our ECUs.

You still haven't even answered any of the questioned I posed before. Everything I am listing, you are simply dodging around without providing any real data. Just stating "high end shops use it". For Christ's sake, my 7 year old Dell Optiplex would run up to par with this system.

I think I am done posting. This is just a waste of my time because obviously man you know 0 about computers if you are using this computer. You just copy and pasted the drivesoft information off the website.

Drivesoft is the equivalent of Alienware in the computer industry. Only people that don't understand computers shell out an extra $1000-2000 for nothing.

Last edited:

alansupra94

Quoting twonineseven:
I searched that model number and it comes up as a single din, with a small screen. I was looking for DVD.

I don't think this guy even know what you are looking for. He is just tossing out Alpine name and hoping it fits what you need.

click

If you look at the video, it looks the like LCD fades inward a bit. However, assuming it just flapped open, that would be a maximum of 7.2in.

Use that as a reference. Also, you can take a look on how the graphics, GUI and buttons operate.

THEKID

Back to the original post sorry I posted the wrong model number here is what I was talking about click And if you want to go all out check out their 900 unit but I personally like the ixa-407 for me I don't need DVD in my truck I just use my iPhone

alansupra94

^^^

Must have missed the post where he wants to spend between 450-600 MAX as well.

THEKID

i can do the alpine 407 unit for 525 shipped to your door its a 800 unit but as a favor to a fellow vr4 member i can do 525

Quoting alansupra94:
^^^

Must have missed the post where he wants to spend between 450-600 MAX as well.

Holy hell just build me a pc bro how much???

alansupra94

It really not that complicated.

You just need a few things.

1. A desktop.
2. A power inverter with continuous RMS above your power supply rating.
3. A touchscreen monitor.

Just need to run some power wires, VGA cables and mount everything. Its that simple.

The customizable part is the desktop. Just fill it with different things that you want such as GPS PCI Card, 7.1 PCI Sound Card, PCI-E Graphics Card (if you motherboard supports it).

You could seriously build a decent Carputer for $300, which includes an old P4 processor desktop, 300W continuous power inverter, and a with the remaining money grab a monitor. Xenarc, Lilliput, and LinITX are excellent brands and easily fit in a Double Din.

I managed to find a lighting fast PC on craigslist for about $250 so sometimes you just have to look and be patient. Or you can always build one which is pretty simple as well.

But what do I know, I am just an average joe with 10 years of experience building computer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned