The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Calling all cars...

theevozero

Crankwalk. All the 6 bolts I've seen that die when you push the clutch in, had crankwalk. The failed thrust bearing put a huge load on the engine when you press 2100-2600 lbs of pressure on it.

doelcow

Why would it be fine cold then?

James

Yes.... It's crank walk.... Just like the guy who blew his motor because he didn't have a oil filter... That was crank walk also. Trying a new ECU tomorrow. I'll update then!

theevozero

Alright man, it was just something to keep in mind. If you don't like the answers your gonna get, don't ask questions. I've been there, done that a thousand times and have verifed my findings. I also wouldn't post in any help section till you have a complete diagnosis. I bet if you know what you were doing, you wouldn't post until you had a log. Raw data speaks a thousand words. Good luck to you though.

Last edited:

James

The guy flake on me with the ECU. Said he couldn't find it when I got to ft Myers.

And as I said before I REALLY WISH I COULD LOG! I PURCHASED A LOGGING SET UP!

I cant help that the logger mysteriously won't connect to my diagnostics port.

My stepdad lost his compression tester, which means its just burried in the garage. I should be able to pick one up this weekend.

theevozero

TMO is a capable logging program and its free. Also about $5 worth of stuff(a diode, a resistor, some pins and a connector) at Fry's or Radio Shack will make a cable for you. The plans are on the web. Oh, and a laptop. The fact that your car use to be non turbo shouldn't matter. I've connected with non-turbo cars before. The only difference is the data that is displayed. Assuming you have a turbo engine harness, you should be completely fine.

James

I have a logger. And cable. And software. I get a serial com error when I plug it in. I've had quite a few people look at it for me and it just won't connect. It works in other peoples cars just fine.

Update: it's seemingly fixed. 2 days with no issues so I'm crossing my fingers.

The timing was way off. I wish I still had the previous owners number so I could verbally throat punch him.

theevozero

Check and make sure your data link connector pins havent been pushed in(on the car).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned