The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Building a real WRC style Rally Car

jeverts

Thank you for getting your bore over size correct. Bugs the ever loving sh*t out of me when people say they have a .20 over bore on there engine. ITS .020 there is a big difference between .20 and .02.

Clean build by the way.

JamesFoster

Absolutely love it. Cant wait to see it finished. Hopefully in person someday...

Maybe you can help me with some questions I'll have when I start putting my 1g back together. I want to set it up for rallycross.

Paddy1337

awesome stuff. My VR4 is in the middle (on pause) of a stage rally build as well. Really just has a cage at this point. Your thread is nice motivation though.

Do you have a lead on a place to make restrictors, that knows what they're doing? I know any hillbilly with a lath can make me one, but I've had trouble finding someone experienced.

I just reread though the build to see your progress. Very awesome build. I wanted to ask how you got the Evo parts for the 4 bolt axles to replace the inner cv joints for the re-stacked EVO IX diff. I'm having a hard time sourcing those parts at a reasonable cost. I keep looking at the evolution X left rear axle, and the cv joints look temptingly similar to the Evo 3 bits.

Last edited:

cobrajetguy

Paddy, I would check with Forced Performance or Blouch for a restrictor.

467, I am using the evo inner axle cups slid onto the 4 bolt dsm axle shaft. Still using the dsm tripod joint and boot, literally just slid on the evo style cups. You have to find someone parting a car that doesn't want a fortune for the rear axles.

Peter

Paddy1337

I'll have to talk to blouch, I had talked to FP and they couldn't really help. as much testing as they do, restrictors was one place they haven't messed with I guess

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts