The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV question when running speed density (now with pics of new setup)

jepherz

Staff member
Right. Advantages to both. With MAP you have the advantage of not worrying about boost leaks either.

GSX_TC

Yep!

4thStroke

Not worrying about boost leaks also plays against you. I bet if most SD users boost leak tested their systems, they'd find leaks, myself included. Although it's not detrimental, it's not ideal.

belize1334

The VE will be affected by everything between the throttlebody and the exhaust housing but not much more than that. So, intercooler, compressor housing, charge pipes, exhaust, all of that should be irrelevant as far as the VE is concerned. What those things might affect is the pressure and temperature of the charge air at a given condition (i.e. idle, boost, etc) but the SD code will account for pressure and temp when it calculates flow so it should not require a retune. Of course, that assumes perfect sensor response. In reality we see a significant time delay on temp sensors so the intercooler in particular will affect the tune to a certain degree.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned