The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bigger alternator wire and dump tube

img.php

The picture above shows the positive wire going to the "B" post. what is the post above the oil filter used for?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
IIRC, it mounts a bracket that hold some wires, but not positive anymore as I don't have the stock alternator anymore on my car.

Do NOT attach any "hot" wire to that post; it's threaded directly into the alternator housing, aka grounded. The positive power terminal on the alternator has an insulator around it (brown thing behind the wire terminal in the pic) to keep the electricity from shorting through the alternator case.

i c, would it be alright to attach a ground wire to it and make a new ground somewhere closer?

I don't see why not; it might actually be a good idea, instead of the alternator having to ground itself through the bracket to the block and then to an engine ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned