The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Balance Shaft Elim. Kit

4G63_GSR

my block from SBR did not have a block off plate for the front balance shaft on the block. a buddy of mine had his block built by buschur and his block had it blocked. i called SBR and one of their techs tells me that they only supply the bearings and that (since i purchased the BSEK from Mach V) the rubberish cap i got should cap off at the front case cover. at this point i still have the front shaft in the the block per VFAQ. no belt along with the stubby shaft installed.

4G63_GSR

basically this. the BSEK consists of two bearings, a stubby shaft, and a rubberish block off plate. buschur from what i was told had the front balance shaft blocked off on their block not the front case. no need for the BSEK block off plate. my SBR block did not block it so basically i can A. put the shaft back in and leave it blocking the shaft hole B. use the BSEK block off plate at the front case cover opening. i dont even know if option B will even work.

i hope this clearifies anything. if not then i'm gonna try option be w/ JB weld. if that doesn't work then i'll leave the shaft in.

When I eliminated my balance shafts,I removed the shaft bearings and reinstalled them so they blocked the oil passages to the shafts(to prevent oil pressure loss) and installed a freeze plug in the front cover where the front balance shaft came out.For the rear shaft,I cut the shaft,keeping the front half for the oil pump drive.I had to plug the back of that shaft.It works great and doesn't leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned