The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ATTN: People with JDM Galants with single bulb corners

JSchleim18

I'd like to see how these look at night with the parking lights on and the turn signal being used. Does theo turn signal make the light blink on/off/on/off or does it dim/bright/dim/bright? Video would be sweet! Thanks.

kitcho

i did it with using the hazard lights, but it produces the same result. hope this helps.

video link

JSchleim18

Yeah that was EXACTLY what I wanted. Thanks so much. Do you know how it's wired from the factory? Maybe a JDM diagram?

I appreciate the help.

JSchleim18

Are they on when the parking lights are switched on or driving with the low/high beams?

H05TYL

no, the park light is inside the headlights.

they only light up (blink on and off) when you indicate.

JSchleim18

Is there a way to set them up so they are "on" with the parking lights/headlights and "flash" as a turn signal/hazard?

JSchleim18

Could I fit a smaller "city light" into the corner bulb and use that as a parking light??

ercp98

just get the dual bulb with the amber insert. then wire one of th bulb with the parking light and the other one in the amber insert use as turn signal. by doing so you can have the corners on with the city lights, parking lights and have additional turn signal at the corner lamp.

edit::

also the single bulb jdm corners uses a higher watt bulb. if you keep this on it will melt the amber insert in the lamp and eventually melt part of the corner lamp. ask me, i know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:

JSchleim18

I'm going to be putting an LED light into the light and make it as the driving lights.

misterfixit

Use a bulb holder for the stop tail out of a 1989 sentra (21w for the blinker and 5w for the tail) use the 5w as on all the time off the parking, and the 21w will load the blinker circuit correctly to flash at the right speed. both my cars have this setup. Jdm there is no sidemarker with the single bulb corner.

Rich

JSchleim18

Just the person I wanted...thank you so much I really appreciate it! Sticky this

Do you have a picture of the socket? Does it fit into the single bulb holder easily?

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting JSchleim18:
Could I fit a smaller "city light" into the corner bulb and use that as a parking light??

Yes. That's exactly what I did. Mine came with an 1156 type bulb in it when I got it but that is too bright and began to melt the amber insert. I went to the auto parts store and found a bulb with the same base but a much smaller globe on it. I can't remember the number it was though. From what I understand, in JDM land those are turn signals to they are bright bulbs but since they flash they don't melt the insert. If you wire them to the turn signal wires (the ones that were to the bumper from the factory) then they will flash and work just like the JDM corners were designed to work. It solves the problem of what to do for front signals when using a JDM bumper but it creates the problem of no front parking lights.

John

JSchleim18

Quoting misterfixit:
Use a bulb holder for the stop tail out of a 1989 sentra (21w for the blinker and 5w for the tail) use the 5w as on all the time off the parking, and the 21w will load the blinker circuit correctly to flash at the right speed. both my cars have this setup. Jdm there is no sidemarker with the single bulb corner.

Rich

This? 1989 Sentra Sedan

DORMAN Part # 84809 More Info {Conduct-Tite 3-Wire Double Contact Import}
Coupe

misterfixit

Like that, but the stanley (maker of sentra lights) ones are black. I always just go to the you pull and clip the wires out.

Either this:

this:

or this:

I think they are used on pretty much all nissans. Best to take your corner light with you..

Rich

atc250r

Staff member
Jeremy,

Do you not have the socket? That Sentra deal looks like a great way to get your signal and parking light in the housing. I'm going to have to keep that in mind when I do my JDM bumper in the Spring.

John

Last edited:

JSchleim18

I have the socket for the corner lights. I am going to try the Sentra plugs though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned