The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ARP main studs/oil pickup solution

acn

Gentlemen,

In the past I was trying to find a good solution to the ARP main stud/oil pickup bracket problem that exists on the 6-bolt. Many just cut the bracket off which, for all intents and purposes, probably works just fine or just enlarge the hole and jam a nut on (this puts some torque on the pickup in the installed position and can cause washers to deform because the top of the ARP nut is not flat). I, on the other hand, didn't want to go that either of those ways. My father works at a machine shop and has fabricated what I think is a good solution. I've taken several photos for those of you who are interested. Basically, he machined and counter sunk a washer that sits on the chamfered edge of the ARP nut (the top portion of the nut is too small in diameter to support a normal washer). The hole on the oil pickup has to be enlarged to fit around the nut also. Finally he counter bored a nut that avoids putting any pressure on the top portion of the ARP nut so that it only comes in contact with the machined washer. There is absolutely no torque on the pickup tube when installed this way and it allows the pickup bracket to be utilized. I hope some will find this useful.

mitsuturbo

Also, the 2g oil pickup tube works just fine, and does not have the extra "arm" hanging off of it, going to the stud. This is what i put in my sump when i built the last engine, simply because of the main studs and what you've illustrated above.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings