The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone got roof racks?

Brianawd

sell me your rack to put on my Galant GSX. I will get more use.

fuel

sh*t guys everyone has their own sense of style no need to rag on others cause they differ to yours. I honestly don't mind what those VW and Civic guys do, in a way I kind of like their individuality. They are probably sniggering at us 'grandpas' driving around in granddad's car.

Barnes

This thread makes me want to punch babies.

Quoting fuel:
sh*t guys everyone has their own sense of style no need to rag on others cause they differ to yours. I honestly don't mind what those VW and Civic guys do, in a way I kind of like their individuality. They are probably sniggering at us 'grandpas' driving around in granddad's car.

They can snicker all they want. It doesnt change the fact they drive shitboxes. I know a handfull of VW guys and out of all of them, ONE guy actually has a clue. The rest of them do the stretched tires and roof rack for no other reason than the way it looks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting FavNumber:
We have a word for this look in my area...trendy

All the VW and civic guys think this is the greatest thing to do to cars, us normies with sense consider it trendy trendy trendy. Since when were roof racks, stickers, tires too small for wheels with really low offset, and rusted hoods so popular? how long will it last?

trendy trendy trendy is all

Needs a flatter brim!!!

KiNgMaRtY

802:
802_side_view.jpg

611:
611_side_view.jpg

Last edited:

Mine came with them.. Wish i had the wind deflector, and all the missing hardware /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

l_8b1f8f01a262bc44e998611e84fbc76a.jpg

CutlassJim

I'm also not usually a fan of trendy styles but what's the difference between getting a roof rack for looks and getting JDM parts? I don't see anything functional over the stock pieces on my JDM bumpers, directionals, or 93 headlights besides my directionals blinking too fast. And no I didn't wire them they came on the car. Everyone on this board has done somethin to their vehicle strictly for looks so let's not hate on this kid because we don't like the style. I mean it could be worse right. I dont see him asking about Evo style body kits and lambo doors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

Bumpers, headlights, blinkers, etc, have function for everybody. The JDM parts replace the USDM parts for aesthetics purposes and with the bumpers, you get to shed a lot of weight in the process. The roof rack is an additional piece. It is of zero use to somebody that isn't going to use it.

This is why I brought up the sunglasses in a bar at night thing. Everybody is wearing different clothes to suit their own taste, sure. But then you get that douchebag that goes the extra length to wear a pair of shades in the bar at night for "style". We've all seen it. It's dumb.

Last edited:

turbowop

BTW, sorry if I come off so harsh over this but it's a huge pet peeve of mine. The more complacent we are towards this sh*t, the more we'll see these trendy, hellaflushed, roofracked, rusty hooded pieces of sh*t with anodized tow hooks sticking out the back bumper. They think it's hawt because nobody tells them it's not.

cheekychimp

Quote:
BTW, sorry if I come off so harsh over this but it's a huge pet peeve of mine. The more complacent we are towards this sh*t, the more we'll see these trendy, hellaflushed, roofracked, rusty hooded pieces of sh*t with anodized tow hooks sticking out the back bumper. They think it's hawt because nobody tells them it's not.

I do understand to a point. The "off-road" crowd in Hong Kong make me laugh with their Jerry Cans and snorkels strapped all over their jeeps and pickups. There is not one place in Hong Kong where a snorkel is necessary and I doubt you can find a single spot in Hong Kong where it is more than 10Km to a gas station. It is what it is ... a desire to look cool. That said, I do think roof racks look cool and I hate to say it Wop but I have serious doubts that lip on 1051 despite looking badass serves any genuine function on a car with the aerodynamics of a house brick.

turbowop

I was waiting for somebody to call me out for the lip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif It's about time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif That is the only thing I can think of on my car that is even remotely ricer. It's still not as bad as having a ski rack or bike rack on a car owned by somebody that doesn't partake in such sports, IMO.

thecman02

Quoting turbowop:
Mine doesn't seem that bad, even with a couple pairs of skis up there. It's noticeable, but after a few miles down the highway I get used to it. But this is with a non-sunroof car.

I didn't notice any noise with the wind fairing. Before I put it on it was horrible though. This is trying both a full rack of snowboards, and a mountain bike. Having a 3" exhaust probably masks the noise, but I am pretty particular when it comes to undesirable noises. This is also on a non sunroof car.

mitsuturbo

555 came with a rack, but no wind deflector. I've only driven the car once, and that was on the way home from buying it. The wind noise annoyed the hell out of me when i opened the sunroof, and even with it closed i could hear it howling. Definitely not cool to have a rack with no deflector in front of it!

thecman02

Quoting Barnes:
This thread makes me want to punch babies.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

I think it would be cool to do this:

2005-honda-civic-canoe-roof-rack-102-300x300.jpg

You know... for to be stylin. That would pull all the ladies. Total panty droppin hottness!

cheekychimp

Yeah, I did that on my trip to the States, except the boat was on a Montero not a VR4. They hurt when you try to lift them off the roof and they fall on your leg. Ask Toybreaker and MistaVR4; that trip up to the lake will forever be known as the 'trip of three broken legs!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I have a Thule ski/snowboard rack for sale if anyone is interested. I don't really care if you actually use it or just for style.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned