The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone go from 2g GSX/EVO to a gVR4?

Heh, no under-exaggerations here. Everything is stock but a rebuild 6bolt with 2g pistons, turbo back exhaust, and MBC set to ?? I know it doesnt knock but havent touched link settings yet. Got a bunch of things to go on, mostly stock evo parts, but for now its a pretty slow sample to test out in comparison to my barely modded IX

Power for that is just some IC piping, downpipe/testpipe, flash, and so much suspension.

BpuVR4

Quoting 4wheelsqueal:

this was a shot of my garage from last september. As you can see, i owned all three, a 2g eclipse, a vr4 and an evo at the same time. i loved all of them but i wouldn't give up my evo now for any vr4. i had 5 gvr4's, however, none of them were in running condition when i got them. Two of them were stripped shells on their way to the crusher. I spent five years working on them, trying to maintain them and get them all road-worthy. Finally though, they just got to be too much work, they were keeping me away from my family and taking up too my of my life. Maybe if i had started with a well-maintained vr4, maybe i'd still have one. My first mitsubishi was my 1997 gsx, replaced the motor, tranny and countless other parts but its now at the point where i can just get in a drive it and not have to worry about it breaking all the time. I love the evo, almost wish i had gotten one instead of the galants. I had lots of fun in 555/2000 and i miss that one since i had worked on it the most and it meant the most to me. Loved the sleeper effect of the galant as well. I'd say try and get a ride in a galant and the evo before you make your decision. try to find a well-maintained, well-taken care of example rather than a stripped, beat shell. will save you tons of tim and grief. Thats my .02.

stumbled upon this thread, and was admiring the VR4 in the pic. Is that 555/2000? asking cause i last had 555 back in 06 or 07 I think, and always wondered how it had progressed

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned