The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another galant land speed record :)

deluded

this weekend is the last scta meet of the year at El Mirage dry lake in the Mojave desert. we attended with our new setup: gt45, full race exhaust mani, and 909 hub hp. the hp number is disappointing until you see the pathetic intercooler we are using (soon to be replaced with a HUGE core inside the passenger compartment). the upgraded ic should realistically be worth 60 or more hp... both because we are super heating the intake charge (200F intake temp) and because of the restriction >5psi pressure drop across the core. our run logged 48 psi at boost ramp tapering down to 43 at top rpm. gearing was f'd with the evo 5th as well: top speed put us at 8400 rpm where we need to be closer to 9800 rpm to play in the sweet area of the hp curve. the evo 5th is really for bonneville where we can run 3 to 5 miles. regardless, we went 212 with change on a TORN the F UP dirt track on our first run (video and pics to be posted/linkded here this week). That's a new record as our old record was 208 in this class. 215 to 220 mph is possible here next year.

the real excitement came with our second run though: the track was so bad that Troy, the driver, was instructed to start on the left side cones and fade over to the right near the mile. exactly what he did except that he was a passenger-the car did it all on its own: at 196mph all four tires began to slip and the car went into a long high speed drift. great (crazy?) driver that he is he never let off the throttle until he cleared the timing balloons with the car at a clear 45 degree angle on the course. pop'd the 'chute to straighten it out and all good... except all four tires were ruined with flat spots from the jerk of the chassis on 'chute deployment. 207 mph with a tire speed of 217 mph and sideways! i guess i'll continue to help for next year's season again though my involvement will decrease due to constraints of building a 260mph Nissan for my wife. at bonneville next year my goal which i truly believe is realistic is to see the galant go 230mph for the title of fastest production mitsubishi auto.

anyone who ever has the opportunity to attend one of these events should, and without a doubt you better look us up and introduce yourself if you do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Vernon of RaVer Motorsports

onesickcrx

Congrats 212 is just plain sick. Isn't it a 1.3 miles course? 208mph drift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif lol nice to have good drivers that keep cars in one peace /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif 260mph nissan and a 230 mph mitsubishi sounds like big plans next year looking forward to that post. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures and vedios from this time out

2of9

good stuff guys! post up some pics whenever you guys can! 212 mph in a gvr4 is pretty insane.

Insane. I can't wait to see the videos & pictures. There's now a regular standing mile run in Miami & the next event is later this month. There's also a drag race event on December 5th in West Plam Beach (Palm Beach International Raceway) you guys should try to make /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Vernon, Hi Patty, This is Nathan, and i'm now a proud GVR4 owner, you know I can't stay away from mitsu's. Well i'll take one Raver 200mph gvr4 setup.......can you get it installed by this weekend? Good job guys, I saw Travis the other day and he said you're both doing well, glad to hear it. Take care! My mom is in Delta right now also. Kathy James.... I think you're both working there aren't you?

gmp

great job guys im excited to see what next to come.
do you guys work on the car in Visalia? if so im in fresno maybe someday i can come down to see the car in person.

Last edited:

DR1665

Last I heard, they did 218mph at Bonneville last fall. Think they windowed the block in the process.

Check out the SCTA site and think about going out to El Mirage sometime to watch the racing. Even if the RaVer/Smith Auto folks aren't out there, you are bound to see some of the coolest sh*t.

Also, search Youtube for LSR Galant or Smith Auto. You should find a couple of their videos I shared last year. (And I still need to do something with the video I shot last summer. So fail.)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned