The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alarm

I have already searched and the general concensus was to remove the button under the hood to deactivate the alarm. Well I did that with no luck. My car drives me nuts because if I use the key to unluck the drivers door the alarm goes off, also I can only unlock the drivers door not all of them. I have to unlock the pass. side door and that unlocks all doors and turns alarm off.

How can I get my front door lock to unlock all doors and turn off the alarm?

Thanks guys

mitsuturbo

Fix the wiring harness that goes from your door to inside the vehicle. At least test it. That's where i would start.

Maybe it's disconnected, but more likely, the wires in between the door hinges are broken. I've had this happen with a couple of vehicles. It's just an "age" thing, i believe. Sometimes it has an effect on the power windows as well. Do all your driver's power window switches work ok?

toybreaker

iconoclast
There's a little magnetic dealio on the lock linkage in the door that may have been knocked loose/broken off.

It sense when the lock is locked/unlocked with a key.

When the alarm ecu doesn't see that signal present when the locks are cycled, it will sound off.

I would suggest pulling the inner door panel and investigating things. It may be as simple as re-attaching the sensor to the linkage (I have used jb weld with great success for this task)

Good luck, and please update the thread with the "fix"

Yeah all the switches everywhere work perfect. There was only one time where the window switches did not work, but they came back on after a few minutes.

mitsuturbo

Try holding your door in different positions and activating the lock switch. If it works at some point and not another, it's surely the wire harness that goes from door to chassis. Like i said, it's a common point of failure. You can only bend a wire so far so many times before it breaks within the insulation.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts