The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

After 3 years Home sweet home! NEW PICS 07/08/11

ShaggyTE

Looks awesome! I'll have to pay more attention to when there are meets and hopefully I can see this beauty in person some day.

jcgalntvr4-244

Quoting JB:
Got any side profile shots of the hood showing its bulge? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I will take some this weekend once the car is home .

fuel

after seeing that hood (on that black car above) in person, I would have to say it's fairly well done in terms of mixing the lines from a Lancer hood onto a Galant hood. It definitely doesn't look out of place, and it's a bit refreshing to see as opposed to the super 'flat' in comparison regular Galant hoods.

chrisfullwood

That car looks outstanding, great job on it, i would love to get my car like that one day.

Whoodoo

I've been dreaming about a hood like that for a long time now but didn't know anyone else actually made one. Looks exactly how I pictured it.

I didn't know the evo3 hood was aluminum though...

mikus

The pics really don't show the color really well IMO, looks much brighter in person. Beautiful.

I'd be scared to drive it, what if a Unicorn ran in front of the car and you couldn't dodge it... they can't resist unicorn parts, it's like deer piss when hunting

jcgalntvr4-244

Quoting mikus:
The pics really don't show the color really well IMO, looks much brighter in person. Beautiful.

I'd be scared to drive it, what if a Unicorn ran in front of the car and you couldn't dodge it... they can't resist unicorn parts, it's like deer piss when hunting

lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Spott

Try not to set it on fire this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Ill try not to... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Well the car is back home. I have a bunch of stuff left to do but atleast she made it safe.

Here are a few more pics for you guys.

Last edited:

dustyduff

I was just about to post new pictures of my paint job, but how can I even compare to this.

Car looks absolutely gorgeous!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

curtis

Damn it........now I need to modify my hood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holy crap that's some slick paint you got.

Epic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Some window tint would set it off!

jcgalntvr4-244

I was thinking the same thing.

turbowop

Paint looks great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif

A couple things I noticed:

I'm actually not a fan of the hood, but that's just me. I like the vents, but not the bulge.
Plz pull the wheels off and give the wheelwells some fresh semigloss black. You'll notice how bad dirt stands out in there now with such clean paint over the rest of the car.
Do you have all the bolts holding the underside of the rear bumper? It looks a little deformed around the exhaust outlet.

Don't take any offense to my critiques. It's just stuff I notice that can be fixed and I think would make the car just that much better. Except for the hood. I realize that is an opinion thing and you don't wanna change it...much like the lip I have on the front bumper of my car. Some don't like it, some do.

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just ordered the bumper bolts from JNZ tuning 2 days ago.

The rear wheel wells have been painted and the fronts will be done in the next week once I get around to it all on the list of things to do .

Overkill

Your car looks sick and very clean. Might I suggest some window tint to finish it off

dsm10o0

Damn!!!! I cant stop starring. Sick ride man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned