The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/C help

Brianawd

So I am working on this ggsx I picked up. Trying to get the ac working but for some reason the compressor will not kick in. The ac switch inside the car will light up . First yellow then green for max ac but nothing. AC fan will not even come on. Just looking for ideas on what to look at next. I already checked all the fuses and every thing is pluged in. Any help would be great.

The GGSX A/C works the same way as the GVR-4 system, as far as I can see in the manual. We've had several threads on A/C issues lately, and I posted a complete schematic and some troubleshooting help. Chances are that either the HIGH/LOW switch is open because of insufficient freon, or you have a problem with the thermoswitch on the thermostat housing.

jepherz

Staff member
As Jeff said, there is a low-pressure switch that can keep the system from coming on. This was the problem in a car I recently bought and adding a single can of 134 oil was enough pressure to kick the system on. Search for a thread started by me and you'll find a bunch of troublshooting tips from other members.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned