The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

90/fwd differences

14u2nV

I'm trying to get this 90 fwd engine ready to go in my galant, but I can't find a good list of what the differences are. Things I know, flywheel/clutch, throttle body, cam sensor, plate between tranny/engine, oil filter housing. What else am I missing?

BluFalcon

Brackets that bolt to the block for the motor mounts. All the brackets bolted on the front and the rear of the block will need to be swapped out with the appropriate GVR-4 specific brackets.

When I say front/rear I'm referring to their relative positions if the engine were installed in the engine bay.

Last edited:

14u2nV

Yup, forgot those. I have the rear, don't remember the number for the front. Anyone remember what the number should be?

Jesh

I think its 344, but I would double check that I might have mixed them up.

14u2nV

Also the coil pack and ptu. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Glad I at least have the right ones, just wish I knew before installing the engine.

14u2nV

Fuel rail is different, as is the hose to it from the filter. Really sux finding these things after I put it together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned