The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

848 for 98 civic 4dr.

I need some opinion on a trade.
I've been offered 98 4dr civic for my gvr4.
what would you do if you were offered this deal?
I love the galant on winter driving. but thinking long term and gas mileage advantage for the civic. I had a 98 civic and its easy to work on.
should I just keep the gvr4 and pursue getting another civic?
Let me know what you think?

GIjoe

^^+1!

thecman02

keep your car and get the car as a backup if your car for some reason goes down *chuckle* or you want to work on it.

The question is... if you had a civic before... what happened?

324vr4

Gas is cheap now...at least for the next year it will remain cheap...I just bought a 06 Honda accord last February due tot he gas crisis and I 100% regret the purchase...no fun to drive...I'm looking into anything that has manual tranny and awd now...haha fyi

NYC86ZC

FWIW...I picked up a 98 civic 4dr 5spd a year ago for DD purposes. It is completely stock and has never left me stranded. I typically use it for long distance trips upstate to ski or other random long distance trips. It's basically my reliable DD. For some reason i'm getting horrible gas mileage at 28mpg, but other than that i'm very happy i got it. Although, since then i've picked up another gvr4 and that's been more of my daily driver and the civic is more of the long distance trip car. Either way, it depends on what you want. The civic will be more dependable IMO, but the gvr4 will always be more fun.

curtis

Quoting UltraVr4:

Kick the smart ass in the head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

streetmasters

+1 but in the mouth..... or give him the joker smile ( show him a magic trick)

mountaineerjeff

well since you had to actually think about maybe you dont deserve a vr4? lol just kidding, There is no way I would trade

Quoting 324vr4:
Gas is cheap now...at least for the next year it will remain cheap...I just bought a 06 Honda accord last February due tot he gas crisis and I 100% regret the purchase...no fun to drive...I'm looking into anything that has manual tranny and awd now...haha fyi

You are that short sighted that you bought a new gas saving car and since gas is going to be cheap for a bit you want something else? Just drive it and save money even when gas is cheap.

ive wanted a vr4 for a long time, and i now i got my hands on one i wouldnt trade for nothin. although its not a bad deal, i wouldnt do it

Chad989of2000

Definitely get one as a DD, can't go wrong...don't toss the GVR-4...you'll regret it.

Lonewolf64

Quoting UltraVr4:
I need some opinion on a trade.
I love the galant on winter driving. but thinking long term and gas mileage advantage for the civic. I had a 98 civic and its easy to work on.
should I just keep the gvr4 and pursue getting another civic?
Let me know what you think?

You make no sense. A vr4 and a civic are apples and oranges. These two cars are for completely different purposes. The vr4 is a fun car that you get to work on to make it faster. The civic is a boring car that gets good mileage, won't break, and takes you from A to B. It cannot replace the vr4, but it can fulfill another necessity of boring and reliable travel. I would say keep the vr4 and get the civic to daily drive if possible.

1gnasty

i wouldnt do it civics get easily stolen and the gvr4is worth more money

mountaineerjeff

The civic would make a good dd but not a vr4 replacement. the good news is that if the civic breaks you can feed it to your galant. my vr4 eats hondas on a daily basis. like stated earlier, they are for two different uses, just expand, or settle with the galant

Thanks for the reply.
like some of you said, it depends on the purpose and intent.
I got the Vr4 right about 1 year ago. I have worked on it quite often and made steady upgrades as needed. It didnt start off well for me because of the starting problem and fuel leak. Being a Vr4 owner, I think second DD is definately needed. I've always had three vehicles in the family. One always being the spare just incase other two craps out. Yeah, it really didnt feel right with this trade. I like the AWd, boost, and of course the fun in the snow. It has been a step back for me comparing to my previous owned Evo. GVR4 will be Gvr4 and Evo is totally different story. I have owned Integra, Civic, and Accord prior to the Mitsu's. They are easy to work on where I'm capabable of doing the complete swap by my self. I'm still new to the DSM/Mitsu, and eager to learn how everything are put together.
I am keeping the GVR4 and hopefully in the future I will catch the fever to make serious upgrades. Again, thanks for your opinion.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned