The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

836 got some goodies and is getting more.......

Last week 836 made the hike home from phoenix AZ to chicago IL. 1900 miles without a hickup besides the cruise control switch going out, and a small small oil leak from the oil filter housing. It was a fun drive to say the least. When I got home the modding began.

I installed k-sports lowered the front 1" and the rear a little less than 3/4". Handles much better now. Other mods that have been put on recently are ets fmic, jnz tuning gvr4 height short shifter, shifter base bushings, turbosmart mbc, kn drop in. Within the next two weeks it will be switched over to jackal "speed density", and a cmp 3" turboback with aem wideband and prosport boost gauge.

gvr4047.jpg

sleeper painted stock tips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

gvr4038.jpg

gvr4035.jpg

gvr4027.jpg

gvr4022.jpg

gvr4011.jpg

gvr4007.jpg

gvr4003.jpg

NateCrisman

Are those GVR4 specific Ksports?

I'm itching to get a set of these. Any chance you got a weight of the coilovers? Any info on the range of adjustment for ride height?

Brianawd

Quote:

I would say yes as the camber plates fit right

Quoting NateCrisman:

I'm itching to get a set of these. Any chance you got a weight of the coilovers? Any info on the range of adjustment for ride height?

yes they are specific, did not weigh them though but they did feel about 5-6 pounds lighter than the stock fronts and the rears maybe about 2 pounds. There is alot of adjustment with them you can actually raise the car with them or slam it to the floor.

blacksheep

Quoting tredmkv:
johnsminibike

I hate you! Your brother or whoever with the VW beat me to it by 10 minutes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That would have been my 12th gvr4...

looks good man, Keep going.. How was the install on the ETS front mount. I'm looking at doing this next week. I hope..

Quoting blacksheep:
Quoting tredmkv:
johnsminibike

I hate you! Your brother or whoever with the VW beat me to it by 10 minutes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That would have been my 12th gvr4...

Ha that was me, this is actually my brothers car I just do all the work for him ha. He might be willing to sell it for the right price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

2of9

cool. Love to see Galants being driven like this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif what mpg were you getting?

I got a really good deal on them from jnz tuning with their short shifter, pm me for price.

jclaw

Very clean car. Makes me want to take a toothbrush to my engine bay.

Not to threadjack, but I just tried to order the ksport pillow mounts and was told that they were discontinued. So I ordered the tein's. For some reason I thought it was the other way around.

KiNgMaRtY

Good luck with the K-Sports. I hated them. I had a full set on my 89 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 4ws. I blew one of the fronts on a canyon run in SD within their first 200-300 miles of life. Got the replacement under warranty, The other one then blew a couple weeks later just in daily driving.

the k-sports already made it threw one autox session we will see how many more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

CarRacer

Quoting NateCrisman:

I'm not sure on the height adjustment, but I know I dropped 34lbs total weight by switching the stock suspension to ksport coilovers. Scale numbers with pictures to verify.

I like mine, I got them used and they work great. I have them set a few clicks above full soft and they ride awesome.

Woody

Car looks good, keep up the good work.whats next in store for the ride? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NateCrisman

Quoting CarRacer:

I'm not sure on the height adjustment, but I know I dropped 34lbs total weight by switching the stock suspension to ksport coilovers. Scale numbers with pictures to verify.

I like mine, I got them used and they work great. I have them set a few clicks above full soft and they ride awesome.

34lb. AWESOME. That's just what I wanted to hear. Im sold, have to get a set asap.

G

Staff member
Looks clean, please don't drive it in winter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned