The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

6bolt rebuild (the right way)

Kenny_Kline

I did a budget rebuild on a 6bolt a couple years ago after I cracked the ring lands in my stock pistons. The rest of the motor was good. I did a sTandard bore/ball hone with wiseco hd 9.0:1 pistons on 1g big rods with arp rod bolts (rods align honed after torque), slapped the motor back together and I was making 354awhp running 12.001@116mph on a 16g pump gas street tires. Motor held up great! I left the rest stock hardware factory specs just new ACL race rod bearings. Well it's that time for another build. Shooting for 500-600hp. I'm hoping to do this right but at the same time not trying to break the bank. Here is the build:
6bolt motor
Stock 2.0 crank
Manley Or Eagle H beam rods
Wiseco HD pistons .020" over and have tops of pistons ceramic coated
ARP main hardware
Kigly girdle

The plan is make 500-600hp reliably on pump gas and a PTE 6266 turbo. I don't want any bottom end issues. I was going to be sure to have the block machined with a torque plate, have the mains measured both ID and OD for straightness and if needed, have it align honed. The pistons/rods I was just going to weigh them and take material off until they weigh the same then put it together on stock crank. Thinking of balancing the bottom end entirely? Over kill? Main girdle overkill? I know to have both the head and block milled to an RA of about 20-30 for an OEM MLS head gasket. I want to be able to tell machine shop what to do with it as far as tolerances go but not sure what info to relay. File rings to? Clearances? I don't want to over think this or spend a crazy amount of money for such a basic rebuild but I don't want to miss anything. Suggestions?

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Aren't you banned on every 4G63 related site including this one? WTF is your deal? Waiting for the offer to fight you or your brother.

Kenny_Kline

Not sure what this is about but if you have an issue to fight me or my brother that's fine in game and I'm sure he would be too. Not sure over what but it doesn't matter now I accept challenge. Just don't back out. 508-367-5023 I can contact a local promoter like CFX, cage titans or NEF and do it legit (NEF better because you don't need crazy Medicals) or we can do it back yard style. I'm down just pm me your contact info and how you want to do it and I will show or have a promoter organize it. I am banned from newengdsm.org and only newengdsm.org for calling out josh misery after he stole my money and lied and I threatened him after I was banned from classifieds without a chance to defend myself. Josh mowery went on to clean out the forum and stole over $5000 from many people and is now in hiding from similar threats from over 10 people and its documented.

It's easy to type and offer, it's another thing to follow through. Goodluck

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

You're a tool. Id kill both you and your brother in any form of a bout. Don't get your sh*t fucked up OP. GTFO or else.

Kenny_Kline

Ok obviously this is someone joking around trolling me. Jim if you have a problem with me and want to use violence to resolve it, that's my preferred method to solve things I'm all about a mutual engagement although it solve nothing and the issue still exists win or lose, I'm game for whatever talking fighting whatever you think is best. I'm in

Jesus_Negros

Oh you're just an internet tough guy I see. I shouldn't waste my time on Mr Pigshit. Carry on.

Kenny_Kline

Yes because Internet tough agree to engage and post there number to speed up the process....

Stop trolling and move along. Easy to type it, harder to do it. If my phone doesn't ring, I'm not interested in engaging in a pissing match online when I've given a direct route to make it happen.

Jesus_Negros

Lol you expect someone waste their time calling you? I can see you and your brother were raised with the best of values. I'm not trolling but I don't see the point in you behaving this way. You've been acting like this for years its time to grow up pal.

Kenny_Kline

I haven't posted on a forum in years... I'm being called out and I accept. I highly suggest moving on from this conversation because you're clearly trolling. Just remember I gave you the option to move on so if you continue to troll, I will react.

And how any one of my 4 brothers got dragged into this is beyond me. They aren't on forums or even use the Internet. No name other than "brother" and you dare judge me or any of them? You don't know me and you certainly don't know them that's for damn sure. If you're going to come forward with BS I suggest you back it up because we both know you're just talking to talk and have no leg to stand on to have an opinion. People like you are very easily dealt with by as simply as blocking clearly you have no life and just post useless random bs

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

You're so full of sh*t. Stop now please. Only troll around here is your ego and its trolling you.

Jesus_Negros

I'm sorry please forgive me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Stop making an ass of yourself. Your thread will be closed for such bafoonary. You wanted suggestions right?

CutlassJim

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
Not sure what this is about but if you have an issue to fight me or my brother that's fine in game and I'm sure he would be too. Not sure over what but it doesn't matter now I accept challenge. Just don't back out. 508-367-5023 I can contact a local promoter like CFX, cage titans or NEF and do it legit (NEF better because you don't need crazy Medicals) or we can do it back yard style. I'm down just pm me your contact info and how you want to do it and I will show or have a promoter organize it. I am banned from newengdsm.org and only newengdsm.org for calling out josh misery after he stole my money and lied and I threatened him after I was banned from classifieds without a chance to defend myself. Josh mowery went on to clean out the forum and stole over $5000 from many people and is now in hiding from similar threats from over 10 people and its documented.

It's easy to type and offer, it's another thing to follow through. Goodluck

I actually was kidding. We met a long time ago when I bought a bumper or something off you and you were wicked cool/nice so I mentioned in person then why you seem to get a bad rap on forums having just been banned from NEDSM and we laughed it off and I figured you would remember. From the post/pm/facebook messages I'm guessing not.

I'm not sure how you can construe my last sentence as a challenge. I figured you would most likely have grown up but remember the reasons that made you unpopular on here and NEDSM and be able to laugh at yourself for how you used to be. Good to see you and your brother are more than willing to fight someone at the drop of a hat though.

Makes me think of this guy

click

G

Staff member
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned