The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5lug swap...ABS delete Q's..

Chi271

So I recently did a 5lug swap on #271, all went well but I used 1g awd non abs hubs for the swap. I clearly no longer have abs, and I'm ok with that and plan on buying the abs line delete kit. But my question is, do I really need the 1g non abs proportion valve? Or will I be fine with my oem abs valve? (Pros and cons between either valve?) The car currently still has all the abs components still attached, just clearly not doing anything since I swapped the hubs.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks guys...

LIV4PSI

Your current prop valve has extra ports for the ABS pump. It would be super ghetto just to plug them

Last edited:

prove_it

Not sure, but I think the non abs valve has a different front to rear brake bias.

EMX5636

The bias are all different. Even technically the DSM is a different split than a VR4. About halfway down the page are the specs.

click

Last edited:

Chi271

Thanks for the responses guys.. now to locate a non abs valve, or get it new.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

EMX5636

Check with JNZ Tuning to verify, but I'm pretty sure the non-abs prop valves are discontinued. DSM ones are fairly easy to come by used, Galants a little less so as I think only the G-GSX came without ABS in the US.

LIV4PSI

JNZ has them listed, they are expensive though. Something like $80 if I remember right.

Wizardawd

Running a FWD Galant non-ABS prop myself, feels just fine. I do have a 1g AWD non-ABS valve sitting around.

Wiz

G

Staff member
They are nla available in na, but I can order you one from jp if you want pm me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned