The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

577 goes down..... clutch problems help me

Diego

So last night me and my brother were driving it... just fine went to the car show at MoPar, and drove home just fine.

This morning.. trip to kmart, no 3rd or 5th gear.... 2nd gear shifter sits in 3rd gear spot...

What the heck happened? We added CF as it was low and still no change.... anyone help?

TIA

Diego

TRBODSM

A similar thing happend to me when I had my 1g. The bracket for the shifter cables that bolts on to the tranny came loose and a bolt wiggled off causing the shift linkage to have alot of play and not going into gear.

Diego

First thought was linkage under the shifter....

577 is new to my home only had about 3 weeks with her, and the random things we keep running into like, frozen rear caliper ate the rotor (PO said it was a cv that was grinding... well its a locked up caliper) simple in short PO was a douche of a car lot owner.

alansupra94

^^^^

This is why I don't buy cars from used dealers. The TLC is never there.

Diego

Guy had it on his lot for 5 years couldn't sell it... so once his lot closed he kept it garaged for another 2 years.... at a price of 4300 that my brother paid for a bone stocker with only 102k on clock... seemed fair.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned