The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

50 trim turbo

I have an evo III 16g on right now but i have a 50 trim that is brand new that i would like to put on but it looks to big to fit. It looks as if it will hit the radiator. There has got to be a way to make it fit that isn't to expense. any suggestions would be great.
TJ

1941Galant

What exhaust manifold are you using? I have a PTE bolt-on 50 trim on my car right now and it fits just fine. I did have to grind down the engine mount (the part attached to the block) to allow the oil drain to clear, and I don't have a stock radiator in the car anymore, although I think the turbo would still fit with a stock radiator and some slim fans.

dsmless

make sure the 5o trim is has teh mitsu exhaust housing, if not you will have to buy a manifold with the housing (t3,t4) to use it I have one if yu go that route

curtis

They sell adapter plates from a Garrett t3 t4 t6 to a dsm manifold. Check ebay, road race engineering and hahn I know at one time you could get them at all 3. I put a t3 to4b on mine back in 01 or 02 then later before I got 4 jackstands I had a s362 schwitzer with an .80 compressor hanging on a 2nd gen manifold with a bullseye housing so the 50 trim will fit and have room to spare.

yeah i had it on a 1g laser and there was pelnty of room.... but when i tried to put it on the galant it wouldn't fit b/c of the radiator being to close the where the turbo should go

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned