The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4thStroke

THEKID

on 12/1/2008 spencer Kalliainen paid me for parts (evo 3 o2 houseing act fly wheel an clutch ). In my sale description i posted that the flywheel and pressure plate had 15,000 miles on them and the street/strip disc had 16 miles on it (5 passes at the track and some dyno time). i shipped these items on 12/4/2008 and off they went. he recieved the items and all was well tillhe messaged me this on 12/11/2008:

4thStroke:
I got the parts yesterday. For having only 1500 miles, the flywheel has seen some serious abuse, luckily that can be resurfaced. Im not happy aout the condition of the clutch, though. I have a tough time believing the clutch has 5 runs plus dyno time.
Everybody that has seen the clutch says there is no way there is only that much use. One shop told me there is only about 10k miles left on the disc and that it has been used for quite some time.
The clutch is not going to be installed, I want my money back. I'll ship it back to you and you can sell it someone else.

me:
I'm sorry that your are disappointed about the clutch, I will definitely send you your money back...but the clutch (disc) does only have 5 passes on it, the flywheel and pressure plate are almost 5 years old but worked great for my friend i posted this part for him i spoke with him and he said to email him and he will fix this for you his email is
now at this point he has spoken with my friend and they have worked out an arrangement. that my friend will refund the money as soon as he gets a tracking number for the clutch being returned.

all is well utill::

then o 10/22/2008 10 days later he messages me again stating:
4thStroke:
That flywheel is too big, what is it from? Could I send it back to you for a refund plus $40 for the resurfacing and whatever it costs me to ship it?

i responded
me:
it came out of a 1995 eclipse gs-t with a 6 bolt motor

i then messaged him stating:

me:
it is clearly stater in the post what parts came out of what car read it for yourself POST

at this point i don't know what to do. It was listed for sale under the parts off the 95 eclipse gs-t.

i feel that the sale is fair and final but i don't want any trouble. My friend told him he would refund the money from the clutch but has had no response as of yet.

4thStroke

In my defense, I do not feel I should be labeled a "Bad Guy," as I feel this is more out of retaliation from my post in THEKID's "Bad Guy" thread. The GST flywheel part was my mistake, I'll take the heat for that, but the clutch was not as described, thus my argument in his post seems valid. In 5 years, the flywheel had 1500 miles on it? Im not sure how the flywheel got beat up so bad in 1500 miles. 5 years sounds right. You also stated that the 2600 had 5 passes with dyno time, before I paid for the clutch it was never mentioned that the pressure plate plate also 5 years old with 1500 miles. That pressure plate was useless to me.

Me:
Just have to ask; was the clutch broken in properly before it was taken to the track?

Would you take $150 for the ACT flywheel, clutch and 02 housing shipped to 98606? What disc were you using with the 2600?

Thanks,
Spencer

THEKID
can you do 175 shipped and its a deal paypal is [email protected]

yes it was we did some soft runs on the dyno

On a side note, its a miracle the parts were in working order, the box was trashed, he packed 30+ pounds into an ACT clutch kit box with little padding, there were holes all over the box where bolts had pushed through.

steve

These two threads need to stay on-topic. THEKID apparently has some complaints about the transaction on your part, and you can defend against those claims here. Your complaints about THEKID's part of the transaction should really stay in the other thread.

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting THEKID:
me:
it is clearly stater in the post what parts came out of what car read it for yourself POST

at this point i don't know what to do. It was listed for sale under the parts off the 95 eclipse gs-t.

i feel that the sale is fair and final but i don't want any trouble. My friend told him he would refund the money from the clutch but has had no response as of yet.

I feel the need to give a little input here.

1. That FS ad was difficult to read due to the lack of any empty lines between the items for sale. As a result of the format of the thread, the part where you stated that items were off a 95 gs-t did not exactly come right out at me. I cleaned up and fixed up the thread as an example of what should be done in the future to avoid this kind of situation.

2. If your friend wants to sell parts here then he or she should join, make some constructive posts, and earn the privilege of posting in the FS sections. I have updated the rules to make this abundantly clear so there will be no confusion in the future. Selling items for a friend is simply circumventing the rule about newbies selling parts and cannot be allowed.

It sounds like you two are well on your way to working this out and hope you do so.

Thanks.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned