The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g63 reliability

fuel

Quoting raptorreed:
Quoting 4Grim:
Any of the "saturn" motors mitsu produced which most were coded with the "4G"

Incorrect buddy, you got your info mixed up. The 4g61/62/63/64, etc motors are in the "Sirius" family, 4g33, 4g32, 4g37,etc are "Saturn" engines. The "4" represents it being a four cylinder and "G" for gasoline fuel.

^^ What he said.

I actually wrote out just about that very same reply and posted as soon as I saw his post, but didn't check that someone else could have covered what I said already haha.

Vr4junkie

So there's no need for a Performance timing belt like Gates,Greedy,HKS will the OEM hold up fine to the abuse ii throw at it?

IanM

I would say that aftermarket belts such as HKS are purely for bling factor. You had mentioned your build will be budget oriented, so I doubt something like that would appeal to you. I would go OE.
You may want to try looking at something used as for as shortblocks go. Here is a good start- And I'm sure you could find a few other 4G63-Based Forums on the net (with a classifieds sect).
That being said, I'm positive you could also find a lot of members making tons-o-power from the stock bottom end.

Later!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned