The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3kGT VR4 front Tein HA fitment on GVR4

Pivvay,

The 3kGT VR4 and TEL Tein part#s are the same for the locknut, spacer ring and bump rubber, and the E39A HAs are designed to use the stock upper spring seat so I'm pretty comfortable that all of the shock rods are the same size at the spring mount.

G - thanks for the part# for the Tein E39A pillowball, I didn't even think to look on the JDM site. After closer inspection, the 3kGT top mount is not going to work without some significant modification that I am uncomfortable with. Time to sell them off and go with the right parts.

FWIW, the D27A [TEL 1G AWD] Tein front pillowball assembly is part# PAR80-31PFR. I wonder what the difference is between the TEL and GVR4 E39A pillowballs is...

G

Staff member
they mount different, rotated one way or the other i forgot.
how much you want for the suspension ?
got any pix ?

FWIW...I have a set of Tein adjustable front upper mounts for the VR4. Just the mounts only. I dont have the bolt or washer but you should be able to use the ones from the 3KGT setup. I dont plan on using these so if you would like to try them on your car feel free. If they fit you can buy them fairly cheap, if they dont...you can just send them back. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Okay, quick summary of the differences between 3kGT and GVR4 F suspension fitment, correcting some of the errors in my earlier statements and clarifying other questions:

[*]3kGT hub mounts are 3.5mm wider [25.5 vs. 22mm]
[*]3kGT OEM shock overall length is ~= TEL @ 480mm, ~20mm shorter than GVR4
[*]3kGT top plate mounting bolt pattern is much wider
[*]3kGT / TEL Tein camber plate alignment is rotated ~90deg to mounting bolts
[*]3kGT, TEL, GVR4 Tein camber plates interchange [mount spacing issues still apply]
[*]Tein uses 12.5mm F / 22mm R piston rods for most applications [here]
[*]Tein 3kGT camber plate is flat like GVR4
[*]Tein TEL camber plate is recessed [overall taller] than GVR4
[*]Tein will not sell just the top plate - only the complete pillowball assembly.
[/list]

I think that is enough. If SPAM has plates I can use, I'll go that way. Otherwise I'm going to look into purchasing a set of Tein pillowballs if the price is reasonable.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned