The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

350+ WHP evo316g cars out there? post your dyno plots

Chi271

I would also love to see some more results, my current setup is MHI E16g/ Fp manifold/ ported e3 o2 housing/ 1g vrsf fmic/ Evo9 fuel pump/ Evo9 560's/ 2g mas, with injen hard pipe/ 3" turbo back/ Mtx-l wideband and ecmlink v3 full. Going to street tune it myself in a week or so. Just have to tackle a boost and an exhaust leak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

presterone

Mine made 322hp on a Dyno jet

E316g ported at FP, completely stock long block with ARP studs and a MLS head gasket.Ets front mount RRE downpipe homemade exhaust 3". Jackal speed density, 720cc injectors, walbro 255 blah blah fp race turbo manifold. This was before the external wastegate and it was boost creeping like crazy I'm pretty sure this was around 27psi.

presterone

Realistically it was probably around 300hp Dyno jets sometimes seem more like crank HP.

CutlassJim

Something was VERY wrong with that set up. No way the torque curve should look like that.

cheekychimp

I'm pretty sure two members pushed the E3 16G to 400 whp! Obviously not on 550cc injectors and most likely not on pump gas but they should be able to offer some tuning advice on how they did it.

I'm not sure where the reliability threshold lies with that turbo though. I'm pretty sure 400 hp is going to take it's toll on the turbo sooner rather than later but G's figures above are pretty impressive if he has been running the car for that long. I'd really like to see the Dyno plot for that car. I don't know much about tuning but I understand basic concepts. High boost pressures create power but they are also necessary a lot of the time to overcome inefficiencies, bottle necks, resistance to flow etc. The more efficient you make everything the less boost you should need to make the same numbers. Assuming G's numbers are accurate, you can see a few details in his mods that allude to how he made the whole package more efficient. For the OPs goals and everyone looking to stay with a 16g on a street car, I'd say there is more to be gained by trying to take advantage of the 42-44 lb flow and increasing efficiency at lower boost pressures than trying to max out boost and head further north. Especially if you are looking for any sort of longevity.

@G ... Do you have any ceramic coating on that exhaust manifold and turbo etc?

presterone

Quoting CutlassJim:
Something was VERY wrong with that set up. No way the torque curve should look like that.

Yea this was my first time learning to tune and since it was a Dyno jet you can't steady state tune I need to get it on a mustang Dyno or some other loading type.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned