The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#3/1000 is out and about finally.

number3

I moved it here so these photos will stay on the board for a long time. I haven't seen her in a long time.

number3

Oh and with the right Fuel mix i built her to handle 35 psi+.

Hold on to your hat!!!!

PreskitVR4

looks good, Tony @ UMS Tuning sent me a pic of that car a while back, kinda cool to know 501 has a semi-local, semi-identical twin. Keep us updated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
img.php

boostedinaz

After out local DSM meet we went for some break in miles with another recently finished car last night. Stayed out way to late but had a freakin' blast.

When I get home after work I'll pull some more off my point and shoot and put them up.

Last edited:

boostedinaz

Just finished. Had maybe 20 miles on it in that pic. VERY nice car.

ktmrider

Quoting boostdtalon:
looking good. That Legacy looks pretty nice too.

Must be kcpaz's transplant Leggie by the color.

What a great night out, #3 and a one-off LGT cruising around! Again thanks for the updates and help getting her outta JSB status.

boostedinaz

It is indeed.

It was a great night. Way past my bed time but well worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

boostedinaz

Last edited:

JB

Siqqq legacy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

boostedinaz

Can I be Evil Knievel? I've always wanted to wear a jumpsuit.

Last edited:

boostedinaz

What happened to Mike's post? He didn't say anything wrong and now it's just gone.

I have a feeling I know why and if that's the reason it's very sad and childish.

number3

I removed it because of his backhanded remarks. It will not by tolerated by me. Remember, I moved this thread here weeks ago from anything goes because it was important to be here and you were very honest and civil.

Thank you.

boostedinaz

I saw no back handed remarks in his post. He simply explained what he has gone through with the car over the last two years, in fact he even removed links in his sig and profile that may have come across rude.

I don't know if this is about what happend between you and Mike or about the fact that the car needed work, but it is childish to go around trying to censor everything he has to say about the car. I'm not here to start a pissing contest with you, I just don't agree with the moving of the thread, I never asked for it to be moved, or the deletion of Mike's post.

DR1665

On second thought, I'll pass on this post.

The story will be told.

Last edited:

Well, the car is now running straight E85.

How accurate is ecmtuning/link as for the hp/tq numbers it gives? Did a pull and it estimates that I am at the 470-490 whp range which at the flywhel is over 500. At 27.7ish psi I was at 95+ % injector duty cycle.

At 25-26 psi, 17-19 degress timing up top, zero knock the car feels awesome and just wants to keep pulling. I ran out of injector, I have 1050 cc's. Gonna have to jump up to 1400 cc's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The stock intake manifold and tb doesn't seem to be holding me back yet. Neither is the ten year old agp turbo that still wants to suck in the entire atmosphere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif After spending time working the tables my idle is now rock solid at around 900-1000 rpm too so thats damn cool. To say I am happy with the outcome of all of our efforts would be a understatement so thanks a bunch to you guys that have helped me along the way. Also , at 27ish psi we were blowing out spark. Made a pit stop, threw in some newer plugs and gapped them down to 24 (from .29-.30) and let-er rip. Thats when we found I was running out of injector.

The next thing on the list is 1400 cc injectors, 30 psi and more tuning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Then I will need a big brake kit for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

boostedinaz

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

donniekak

Quoting 3of1000:
Well, the car is now running straight E85.

How accurate is ecmtuning/link as for the hp/tq numbers it gives? Did a pull and it estimates that I am at the 470-490 whp range which at the flywhel is over 500. At 27.7ish psi I was at 95+ % injector duty cycle.

At 25-26 psi, 17-19 degress timing up top, zero knock the car feels awesome and just wants to keep pulling. I ran out of injector, I have 1050 cc's. Gonna have to jump up to 1400 cc's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The stock intake manifold and tb doesn't seem to be holding me back yet. Neither is the ten year old agp turbo that still wants to suck in the entire atmosphere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif After spending time working the tables my idle is now rock solid at around 900-1000 rpm too so thats damn cool. To say I am happy with the outcome of all of our efforts would be a understatement so thanks a bunch to you guys that have helped me along the way. Also , at 27ish psi we were blowing out spark. Made a pit stop, threw in some newer plugs and gapped them down to 24 (from .29-.30) and let-er rip. Thats when we found I was running out of injector.

The next thing on the list is 1400 cc injectors, 30 psi and more tuning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Then I will need a big brake kit for sure.

What afr's? 500hp is about right for maxed out 1000's on e85. Good to see the car out, and running as it was meant to. I saw it in your garage a couple years ago, and knew it needed to be finished, and running like it should. Good job hanging in there!

I am not positive on afr's but they are in the low elevens. Safe is what I stressed to the master tuner as I am not trying to break records, or parts.

Yeah, I have been driving it all night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Picked up my girlfriend from the airport in it and showed her the powa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Thanks. I will shoot you a pm next time I am up in Prescott, we can put the g rides side by side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PS You know whats awesome too, is E85 out here in Phoenix is only 3.16/gal so it is like 55-65 cents cheaper than that crappy 91 octane we are stuck with. Mileage may suffer but I think its a wash, especially if I keep my foot out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned