The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g tps in #1793

gotbl4d3

i was wondering if anybody could help me out with this can a 2g tps work on my galant and hold stable idle if i have my idle stop switch wired in on the 4th pin of the tps and adjust as the service manual or would i run into more issues then its worth please get back to me and give me any input on this idea that would be great thanks...

GSTwithPSI

I have swapped in a 4 pin TPS while using the standard 3 pin prong connector before. As far as throttle position goes, the 4 pin TPS sensor worked just the same as the 3 pin. I can't speak to using the 4th pin for the idle switch though. I was simulating the idle switch off of the TPS via ECMlink. Is there a problem with your idle switch that is causing you to go a different route, and do you have ECMlink?

gotbl4d3

noo not at all i would just like to give it a cleaner look around my throttle body and the idle switch wire that sticks up behind the throttle body i think kinda throws it off thats why i was just wondering if i could get a 2g tps and and the 4 wire plug and wire the idle switch into if it would... and when i had to adjust my idle switch it was a pain cuz it kept spinning when i would tighten the lock nut down so it would also be nice to eliminate it

gotbl4d3

i dont have the money for ecm link quite yet i wish i did... so is there any other option or would i be better off with just keeping the idle switch...

GSTwithPSI

Probably better off keeping your idle switch, that is, unless you can get the 4th pin to work for you somehow. You can use some semi-permanent Locktite to keep your switch in place if that is an issue.

AnotherNewb

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Well, if you wanna drop $500 bucks on ECMlink... Problem solved. You can simulate the idle switch with link.

I patiently waited for this answer, was not disappointed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned