The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g mas, DSMLink vs safc

manikbastrd

Hey guys, I had a few questions for those who are more knowledgeable than myself....
Im running a 2G mas, E316G, 3in full mandril bent exhaust, keydiver chip...amongst other non related mods...
My question is what is the advantage of the 2G mas, What DSMLink should I get, and What is the biggest benefit of using DSMLink as opposed to a piggyback AFC, considering I am looking for less than 400WHP...I am getting 650CC FIC injectors, a WBO2 sensor and walbro 255 sometime this week and obviously need to tune the car, so I can crank my boost...currently pushing 15PSIG
I hope that wasn't too jumbled and appreciate the help
Manik

CarRacer

Running an aftermarket ecu program like dsmlink is very advanced. I'd reccomend just using a keydiver chip suited to your modifications. I know Lonewolf has put down ~350whp using only a chip. An afc will help you fine tune your setup to maximize the potential.

Also, you'll need a new chip with the new injectors you plan on installing. You're not far off from having an extremely fun street car though. Good luck.

The factory MAS will overrun at only ~325 whp. The 2G MAS extends that airflow to ~425 whp before it overruns and starts gving bad readings. A 3G #482 or EVO MAS extends it to at least 500 whp before overrun.
Its quite a leap to go from 15psi to 400HP, and 650's won't get you there. How much less than 400HP is your goal? What turbo are you going to run?

manikbastrd

currently my goal is around 300whp and i believe that is attainable with the 16g and 650's assuming porting and a decent cam setup. The only reason I said 400WHp, I should definitely use DSMlink. But if I dont then i amy just want to run a piggyback AFC 150$ vs 550$...On a side not i need to get some hard intercooler piping because from what I understand that makes a HUGE difference on our cars...
Thanks again
Manik

manikbastrd

^^^^^^Sorry for the spelling and grammar errors...That is terrible...^^^^^^^^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned