The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g ecu in a 1g/gvr4

89Mirageman

I did a quick search on google and found some info. Just wondering if anybody on here is running a 2g dsm ecu successfully? Is there a step by step writeup anywhere that shows you how to build the needed adapter? I've found the pinouts.

I'm thinking about tossing a 13g and some 450's on my colt since I have the parts laying around in mint condition. I also have two non eprom 2g ecu's. I would leave it stock with the 450's so no need for a chip or link.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

AllanL

hey Chris, it's similar to the 1G to Evo ECU swap...

click

click

my galant is currently on an Evo3 ECU [using the appropriate 2G plugs and 1G harness]...and soon moving to an Evo8 ECU...

89Mirageman

Did you solder up your own adapter to use the evo 3 ecu?

AllanL

no adapters...did pigtail swaps.

will use an adapter harness for the evo3 --> 8 swap though.

Last edited:

swe_gvr4_1991

I'm with Allan here. The EVO123 ECU is the easiest direct replacement. The plugs are 2G style as mentioned. The CAS is the same type as on our GVR4, Lancers, etc which makes this swap easy compared to a 2G USDM ECU.

CutlassJim

When you say 2G ECU do you mean the early metal case ones or the later black plastic kind? If I was going through all the trouble of making an adapter or swapping the plugs I would run the later programmable unit.

89Mirageman

I have two of the early style metal case ecu's. Honestly it sounds like I need to just sell those and get a 1g turbo ecu.

AllanL

easiest option Chris! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

though i've edited a bin file off of a metal-cased 2G AT ecu a couple of yesrs ago [with Ceddy's indirect support]...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts