The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

255/1000 Is running again

turbofonz

Alright, after spending ALL year putting this thing together for winter time, it's done and driving. I bought the car mostly as a shell with a motor and spent a LOT of timing redoing the car, subframe, and fixing some rust. Car's body is in VERY good shape, only a few dings, interior's mint too.

Car is mostly stock, original motor with no balance shafts, DSMlink, 660's, Denso 150lph pump, 3" turboback ,4 bolt rear, ACT2600 and ACT flywheel. H and R springs on GR2s and a ST rear swaybar. ABS, 4WS, CC, A/C are gone. Bunch of new OE parts such as rear wheel bearings, caster bolts, gaskets, misc hardware etc...

48409.jpg

48410.jpg

48411.jpg

I spent a good amount of time removing and relocating stuff in the engine bay, but I still need to get rid of some of the stock pipes and move the battery. In time.

Also I need to make the thing sit a little lower, more like my 1g, and some tint. But I'm just happy to be driving the thing after a long ass time putting it together.

Last edited:

Nice wheels.
Congrats on the running gvr4. We've all had are down time, I'm sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

more info on those wheels would be nice, im glad we got one more back on the road. soon mine will be too.

turbofonz

17x8, +35 5zigen FN01r-c's with 245/40/17" Sumitumo rubber.

i just wanted to know the offset and width cuz i want my car to sit somewhat the same, i like when rwd and awd have a nice low wide stance.

381gvr4

Car(s) look great! Like the simple, clean engine bay. DSM looks dope with the 8's and dropped. I'd DD that all day. Nice stuff....

turbofonz

Thanks guys.

The dsm has been my daily driver for about 3 years now. It's progressed a lot, but now the Galant will be the daily driver and the 1g will turn into more of a race car.

I'm happy about the engine bay, but some intercooler pipes and better intake will help it out a lot IMO.

Car is sexy!! One of the few I wish I had kept. I picked up
another white VR4 so you will have a twin soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve

Adorsey

Looks good man, I love the wheels. ^+1 Make that triplet's, mine is white also!

turbofonz

Quoting steveb:
Car is sexy!! One of the few I wish I had kept. I picked up
another white VR4 so you will have a twin soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve

So that explains why you wanted the wheels... Nice!

thanks everyone.

Jesh

/\ dang it why do i always get stuck with the green one... :p

I agree green is horrible... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

click

I think i'm going to try a different color this time. I dont want to have the exact same car.
Maybe black or something custom.
Steve

gmp

i think it looks great white...And that's a clean looking engine bay well done.

turbofonz

Wheels got recoated, and running on Evo suspension now. put 6k miles on the car so far.

53071.jpg

464/2K

is the dsm launching??

contact me for ic piping when your ready.

turbofonz

LOL the DSM is jackstand balling right now.

IC piping?

stealthtt24

Looks good! He does IC piping and you need to upgrade yours! Hey Im probably gonna contact you too on IC piping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned