The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#218's winter facelift....

91GSR

dude that is sick...looks very clean. u should just rip everything out of the engine bay and paint the firewall and everything satin black like that. lol jk

That is the plan for next year. This year will be more of a "clean up all the little crap that annoys me" thing. I have wanted to an engine-out detail since I got the car, but havent had the time or ambition.

Nice work so far. The previous owners of my Talon really raped her with shitty short cuts like what you're finding. I'm definitely going to watch it progress. Oh and JMF FTMFW

Some stuff I did today. I dont think I am going to be really happy until I pull the whole motor, there is dirt and crap everywhere... Ill just finish this up, though, and worry about that next year.

Thermo housing and CAS roughed-in

Power wire new location, run through inner fender.

A rough shot of what I am going for with the FPR mount. Did not have time to finish today, but you get the idea.

The progress looks good. I like the VC with the new toys. I'm sorta trying to do all of this, however I'm putting the car back together instead, a bit easier so we'll see how it goes. What type of paint did you use on the VC and the ICP's?

i/c pipes was high temp spray cans (1 coat of primer, 3 coats of color)
v/c was single stage enamel out of a HVLP gun over primer.

Here is a pic of the throttle body coming along. I still have to reassemble the rest. It also shows a pic of the block off plate to eliminate the IAC motor and coolant manifold.

some more updates... v/cover back on, TB and FPR mounted as well as all vacuum lines hidden. Still need to do a lot, but its coming along.

V/C and COP setup

FPR mounted on aluminum block.

Better look at Throttle body.

Wheelwell grommet with power line and vacuum line for BOV, boost controller and W/G.

Firewall passthrough with a little less crap going through it.

Ok, for all practical purposes, she's done. I have a few little things like to move the wideband (thats why its unplugged in the pics), and do a little button up wiring, but this is pretty much it. I wish I would have pulled the motor and cleaned everything, but its starting to get decent weather around here. Since I have owned the car a year and a half and have only put 380 miles on it, I think I am going to drive and enjoy it this year.

overhead shot.

a look at the FPR area

A mount I made for a fusebox that was just laying loose, and the Profec-B solenoid

Intake area (note short Vaccuum hoses to BOV)

TB area, note no vaccuum line or coolant hose mess...

strokin4dr

Looking good.

Have I mentioned I hate this car.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I get all this done, and the car wont start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

No cam sensor input to the megasquirt.... rrr...

Another day spent tracing wires just to drive this elusive car...

381gvr4

Be-a-utiful!!! Looks great.... I feel the timeline/mileage issue. Put it to use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned