The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g radiator Install

Nabeel

I am using 1G radiator. I had to change the fan to 1G fan. GVR4 fan in not direct fit. Also you may need 1G thermostat housing as the radiator has no cap. For the guys who's having overheat. Please let the radiator go down so air can come out from the cap on 1g thermostat housing. At my place it reaches +50c in summer time.

After doing research and reading this. What EXACTLYY needs to be done to get The 1g radiator to fit and work fine? I have AC so would this be a problem???

I Really want an ALuminum Radaitor, but would prefer cheapest and easiest way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dsmless

how do you get the 1g radiator inside the opening, I measured the 1g radiator to be 27X17 and the opening is 27X14 the radiator is about 3 inches taller so did you cut the bottom out a little or how did you do this, I tryed a civic half radiator but the car runs hotter than I like (220) on the gauge, this is in 70 degree wheather with the ac at full blast, so in the summer time (100+) weather its a definate overheat, so I will extend/straighten the condensor lines and mount it infront of the support and the radiator inside the frame, any suggestions anyone

vtecds1

Hate to bring an old thread up...but does anyone else run a civic half radiator with the ac still intact? I`ve heard from some people that it will overheat, but will it help if I have a switch to have the fan working when I want it to?

tsijohn333

Quoting dsmless:
how do you get the 1g radiator inside the opening, I measured the 1g radiator to be 27X17 and the opening is 27X14 the radiator is about 3 inches taller so did you cut the bottom out a little or how did you do this, I tryed a civic half radiator but the car runs hotter than I like (220) on the gauge, this is in 70 degree wheather with the ac at full blast, so in the summer time (100+) weather its a definate overheat, so I will extend/straighten the condensor lines and mount it infront of the support and the radiator inside the frame, any suggestions anyone

sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but im also curious. im looking to buy and 1g radiator to place it where my ac condenser is. i have acquired everything else but the radiator and dont want to buy it until i know for sure it will fit where the ac condenser is. i will be buying a mishimoto radiator that measures 27x18.6. Are there any tricks for it to fit?

theevozero

I don't get why you people are doing this? So you can have a giant air pocket at the top of the radiator. Overheating? NAWWW! Buy the correct radiator. Even a Honda radiator would be better.

524of1000

Wow. It's been a while. I still have my 1g Radiator, ZERO problems with overheating due to the radiator. I have since tucked it where my AC condenser was, to make more room for the GT35. I had to do some cutting, but my radiator is for a 1g Auto (I tend to make things more difficult than necessary, don't ask me why...). The 1g Manual should be a lot easier.

ApexHunter

I am using a DSM radiator, have been for the last 18 months, no problems, and i noticed a significant gain in efficiency vs the metal tanked stocker that it replaced. It dropped right into the factory lower mounts. My temporary solution for the upper mounts was to mount the brackets on the underside of the upper radiator support. Works ok, doesn't look great, but until i can fab up something better it functions fine.

Also, bleeding it was not hard. Trust me, i know. I went through a string of bad parts store reman'd alternators, so i r&r'd the radiator 4 times over the last 18 months. Finally threw in a nasty looking, used OEM alternator my buddy had laying around, which has been rock solid of course.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned