The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1992 Galant Se hatchback awd swap??

misaya

Hey everyone this is my first post on here but im from Australia and I've recently come across and picked a supposedly "vr4 swapped" se hatchback galant, it's still fwd and i believe its only the motor that has been swapped but its a 4g63t with a handful off old school mods as it was "swapped" in 2003 by the first owner who had it from new, but im on here to ask if anyone knows if i can make the se hatchback awd and as there's a gsr model as well which is awd if the chassis would be same or different as my plans for the car when getting was to make it awd but I've just recently had to park it up due to some gearbox issues, so if anyone has done something like this or has a gsr 92 hatchback galant i could get some references photos from that'd be awesome cheers everyone have a wonderful day😁✌️✌️PXL_20230318_034948959.PORTRAIT~3.jpg

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Can? Yes, probably. Easy? No. I am not familiar with the hatchback chassis, but fuel tank placement and rear axle structure and floor are substantially different on the AWD from the FWD.

People have done it on Eclipses, and probably someone with a Galant somewhere, but you have to decide if it's worth it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned