The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1862 vs ~ 500HP Auto CTS-V Coupe (vids)

blackvr4

Quoting EMX5636:
Yeah, I saw the videos from NYD. I left shortly after the first place but it looks like you guys had some fun afterwards.

Yea we did have a lot of fun, but cops were on everything pretty quick. It was just getting to late in the day to do this. We should be racing at like 10AM

mitsuturbo

Here's the obligatory anti street racing post:

blah blah blah something about streetracing is bad and you're an asshole for doing it blah blah blah

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blackvr4

Wont find an argument from me man. Its definitely not good, but for me its so hard to find the same type of "thrill" at the track it sucks. I've been looking for an affordable evo that I can get into road course racing a little bit, its the only thing I kinda find as thrilling as the street.

transparentdsm

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Here's the obligatory anti street racing post:

blah blah blah something about streetracing is bad and you're an asshole for doing it blah blah blah

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i was actually waiting for this

Dan D

Hmm. Having one of each, makes me want to figure out how to race myself...

In all honesty, the two cars each serve very different purposes for me and each does what it is intended for quite well.

The V is great car to drive around day in and day out. Quiet, comfortable, car seats fit nicely, doesn't attract attention. But - goes like hell and can hustle through corners pretty damn well. That said, 90% of the time, it's kind of boring to drive because you have to be throwing what is safe and legal far out the window to really feel excited in it.

The Galant is more exciting to drive because it makes all kinds of good noises and is entertaining even at legal speeds. It grips and slips predictably and I just feel like I know every last little nuance of the car. I still like sinking in behind the wheel every bit as much as I did 17 years ago. Now if only I'd get around to fixing it so I can enjoy it some more.

EMX5636

That's good to hear Dan. I have been thinking for a long time to sell my Galant for an 07-08 V or 09 G8 GXP but I was concerned about it feeling slower and boring.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned