The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16g or 14b?

2of9

DSC_0469.jpg

serial number reads a 14b turbo....but it seems to have a 16g wheel. I did some research and supposively its a 14b turbo! (-_-)
It's odd because all these years I assumed it was a big 16g. Oh well, better motivation to get a e316g for next year!!

Polish

Yea, that is not a 14b compressor wheel.

Prob a Small/Big 16g.

prove_it

Some places machine out the compressor housing and bolt in a 16G compressor wheel and build a cheap 16G. Only real difference is the exhaust is still a 14b sized. It's like a tdoh5-15d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

524of1000

^ +1 someone machined a 14b compressor housing to fit a 16g wheel

2of9

Bullocks. I can really feel the power dying off at 5500rpms. man, thanks everyone! I was wondering why this turbo was spooling quicker than my cousin's 1g powered e316g. well, at least i can tell my Honda friends that I am running a "small" turbo lol. even if it's a 14b with a 16g compressor wheel. Now I'm really gonna get a gt30-....errr..Evo 3 16g next year!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned