The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

14b wastegate actuator replacement

Mr_Fielgood

Got the two bolts that the actuator mounts to off but at the end of the arm is where you're suppose to find a clip to secure it.
This is what I find instead.

Looks like its welded or at least JB welded.
How should I move forward on replacing this part?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad989of2000

I would honestly get in there with a small cutting tool (Dremel) and then smooth out the post that the wastegate actuator arm slides over. I have a feeling the PO's pin kept falling off (had it happen to me before) and out of frustration he put the JB Weld to it. You may have to then drill a small hole to place the pin through if the previous hole is filled too.

tektic

You could probably just crush it with pliers and pull it right off. That arm is strong as hell I actually watched a friend tow a car down the block connecting a chain to it. He was mad timing jumped and he just did the head.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts