The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

11.62@124 21psi.

Brianawd

Just when I post in a thread that my car does not miss it starts missing bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. Before I went to the track I changed the plugs and had them gaped to 27. Did a few pulls on the way to the track and all was good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now once I got to the track and made my first pass its was missing like crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. Thinking it was rich miss, I turned up the boost from 20 to 22 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif. No go on that, car was missing really bad still. So I pull the plugs and check the gap. WTF 3 of them were at 30+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and 1 was at 27. So I knock them all down to 25, thinking it should clean every thing up. Nope it was still missing but not as bad. I ended up running a 11.60@123 on that pass. So on the next pass, I think maybe I will try turning down the boost and see if that will help. Nope same sh*t but still ended up running a 11.62@124 on 21psi.
I am thinking that the cold was really f***ing with the car but also liking it(mph). It was in the mid 50s tonight and today when I was doing some pulls it was in the upper 60s. I think tonight was the coldest temps I have ever ran the car in. Most of the time its in the upper 70s to low 80s. Maybe e85 in cold weather just needs a much smaller gap. Say around 22.
Oh well I had fun and the car is still running at the end up the year. Time to put it away for its winter hibernation.

I saw that run! Looked like it ran pretty well, all things considered.

-Colton-

thecman02

Awww winter hibernation. That's no fun, but atleast she can be put away with her wheels on. No JSB for you haha. I wonder why you were breaking up so bad. I hadn't had any problems with e85 on a colder day such as30 degrees, except when the engine isn't up to full temp. Its dumb to beat on her when she isn't warm anyways but yeah. I'm curious why it was breaking up. I guess its just bad luck that you'd talk about stock ignition being the cats pajamas and then get effed. In theory maybe with it being colder the gas didn't atomize enough giving bad combustion.

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif No ignition issues with COP huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif You should have knocked on wood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
No ignition issues with COP huh? You should have knocked on wood.

Don't know what the deal was. It was doing fine before I went to the track. I did some 30+psi pulls and it never missed once. Then when I get to the track about and make my first run(about 2HR later)its missing. It also could be that because it was a lot cooler the car was just making a far amount more power. I should have just dropped my plug gap down to 20-22 but I did not want to pull them out again. So I just said f*** it and called it a night.

1qkfwd

What was your timing like? If it's to far retarded it will miss to. It sounds almost like spark blow out but more consistant. It will also widen your gap some.

Brianawd

Well after knocking my plug gaps down to .021 it fixed the problem. The nice denser charge was just to much for the .025 gap. This just goes to show how stupid you become when you don't take your car to the track that much and just drive it in nice warm weather.

Oh on a plus note my little 3052 is now holding 35psi up to 6800rpms and falling down to 32psi and holding in this cold weather. It maybe time to put it back on the dyno and see what it can do at 32psi with the cooler air.

rlturbo35

i used my spark plug gap at .015 , it works for any misfires and my ignition systems is stock, just tried , i have been as high as 860 hp and 9.97 in the quarter no misfire problems at all , Later Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com .

NateCrisman

Hibernation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sucks about the last time at the track for the year not going as planned. Any plans for changes over winter or are you keeping the setup the same?

Kenny_Kline

Quoting turbowop:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif No ignition issues with COP huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif You should have knocked on wood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why is it that everytime I see your name, its you being negaitve? Do you ever have anything positive to say or usefull information?

turbowop

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
Quoting turbowop:

Why is it that everytime I see your name, its you being negaitve? Do you ever have anything positive to say or usefull information?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

Hey moron. Brian and I are friends. Even in real life, not just the internet, OMG. My reply was in response to him talking about never having any ignition breakup with his COP setup in a thread just a couple days before he had these issues. I guess you wouldn't understand, Mr. Serious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Careful Mark, he may try and put you in an e-submission hold with his e-mma leet skills. He is "nationally ranked"....

CarRacer

Serious-Cat-Joker.jpg

thecman02

On a serious note the .15 gapping thing is interesting. I may try it. Usually the gap widens with use, but I'm worried the gap would do something stupid like close on me haha.

Kenny_Kline

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting Kenny_Kline:
Quoting turbowop:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

Hey moron. Brian and I are friends. Even in real life, not just the internet, OMG. My reply was in response to him talking about never having any ignition breakup with his COP setup in a thread just a couple days before he had these issues. I guess you wouldn't understand, Mr. Serious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Hey moron. Did you ever sit back and look at yourself? Not only do you do it to people you dont know but you do it to your friends. Its an all the time thing with you. Everytime I see the name turbowop, its something sarcastic, rude, or just plain childish. Congrats on you being a tool both online in person. I hope you feel like you accomplish alot. I can already tell that your just some schmoe probably still living at home with mommy/daddy, single (not even a household pet), and your life REVOLVES around whats on the internet. SAD!

Barnes

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
I can already tell that your just some schmoe probably still living at home with mommy/daddy, single (not even a household pet), and your life REVOLVES around whats on the internet. SAD!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

And the e-thug award goes to...

If you ask the right questions Mark has a wealth of knowledge that he will gladly share. After *years* of being a resident of this board, his patience for stupidity is low. You are fighting a battle you can never win. You should seriously just give up.

atc250r

Staff member
Lighten up Kenny. Jeez!

Brianawd

Quote:
Sucks about the last time at the track for the year not going as planned. Any plans for changes over winter or are you keeping the setup the same?

Well I may take it to the track one more time. I have tell Oct 30th as that is the last night the track is open. But being the PNW the rain is here so we will see.
I would have liked to run the QTP but just never got the time to get them back from my friend. Oh well there is always next year.

Hey Mark your a big ass hole. Shame on you for giving me sh*t. Just for that I am going to push you off a cliff this winter. That will teach you to be a ass to your friends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned